Windows 10: Strange screen flickering, no physical damage

Discus and support Strange screen flickering, no physical damage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/audiopure110 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/audiopure110, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Strange screen flickering, no physical damage

/u/audiopure110, Oct 18, 2020

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Strange screen flickering, no physical damage

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Strange screen flickering, no physical damage

1. Strange screen flickering, no physical damage - Similar Threads - Strange screen flickering

2. The screen flickers strangely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen flickers strangely.: My office PCs are running into a strange display flickering issue. Sometimes screens flicker like when a VGA cable is loose, sometimes it flickers and the whole screen goes black except for a few windows. Sometimes they flicker for a few seconds and go back to normal.and...
  3. The screen flickers strangely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen flickers strangely.: My office PCs are running into a strange display flickering issue. Sometimes screens flicker like when a VGA cable is loose, sometimes it flickers and the whole screen goes black except for a few windows. Sometimes they flicker for a few seconds and go back to normal.and...
  4. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  5. Physical Damage to Laptop

Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  6. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  8. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  9. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!): This thread was before put in the wrong forum, as ALL indications are that it is a HARDWARE issue: physical damage to the LCD screen and/or wires inside the frame edge. PLEASE help me find out how to PHYSICALLY repair it without replacing the screen (it is an old device)...