Windows 10: strange scrolling issue

Discus and support strange scrolling issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tyreale, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Tyreale Win User

strange scrolling issue

I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars won't scroll however the volume bar, sidebars when clicked on, windows start menu, and certain scrollable UI elements in apps will scroll automatically up or down infinitely. I've done a hardware check on both my mouse and keyboard as well as checked them for stuck inputs or broken parts but they came back fine and work fine on other hardware. is there anyone who can help me solve this

:)

Tyreale, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 26, 2022
  3. pedsto Win User
    scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Sep 26, 2022
  4. strange scrolling issue

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

strange scrolling issue

1. strange scrolling issue - Similar Threads - strange scrolling issue

2. Strange scroll behavior in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange scroll behavior in Windows 11: I want to disable smooth scroll, and I attempted to disable it by going into System -> About -> Advanced System Settings -> Performance -> Settings, and disabling "Smooth-scroll list boxes," which as far as I can tell did nothing in any programs I use regularly it seems I had...
  3. Strange scroll behavior in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange scroll behavior in Windows 11: I want to disable smooth scroll, and I attempted to disable it by going into System -> About -> Advanced System Settings -> Performance -> Settings, and disabling "Smooth-scroll list boxes," which as far as I can tell did nothing in any programs I use regularly it seems I had...
  4. strange scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange scrolling issue: I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars won't scroll however the volume bar, sidebars when clicked on, windows start menu, and certain scrollable UI elements in apps...
  5. strange scrolling issue

strange scrolling issue: I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars won't scroll however the volume bar, sidebars when clicked on, windows start menu, and certain scrollable UI elements in apps...
  6. Strange "Scrolling" habit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange "Scrolling" habit: In Windows 11, scrolling shows a strange habit see picture.When clicking on Page-down in the scroll bar, the scroll bar moves a page down but the contents of the file stays the same.No scroll down.When clicking on scroll-up and scroll-down again, the error seems to have...
  7. Strange "Scrolling" habit

Strange "Scrolling" habit: In Windows 11, scrolling shows a strange habit see picture.When clicking on Page-down in the scroll bar, the scroll bar moves a page down but the contents of the file stays the same.No scroll down.When clicking on scroll-up and scroll-down again, the error seems to have...
  8. Some strange thing happening with scrolling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some strange thing happening with scrolling: Hi, I'm not sure if my Win10 installation has always worked like this, but I think not, but it's been like this for over a year. It relates to scrolling. I have a lot of subfolders. When I scroll down my list, and then stop to choose a folder which has come into view, the...
  9. Auto scrolling in strange places.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto scrolling in strange places.: So my cat walked across or stood on (or both ) my laptop. There was a weird overlay screen with colored text that I basically ignored an closed (foolishly) Now I've got a strange auto scrolling issue. It seems to be exclusive to drop down menu's and other systems in...
  10. Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange scroll speed issues with touchpad: I have Lenovo IdeaPad z510 laptop with windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1). For a few months (or more?) I have a problem with my touchpad: In some situations it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it works just fine. And sometimes it's so fast that I can't control what it's doing....