Windows 10: Strange Search Engine

Discus and support Strange Search Engine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first go to Internet Explorer, a strange search engine <www-searching.com> fills the screen. If I click on Home it goes away and my normal Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ColMac42, Dec 14, 2016.

1. ColMac42 Win User

Strange Search Engine

When I first go to Internet Explorer, a strange search engine <www-searching.com> fills the screen. If I click on Home it goes away and my normal Start page comes up.

I have blocked the address in Yahoo mail, and in "Per site privacy actions" in Internet Tools, but it persists.

Yesterday I was infected by the Palikan virus, but have successfully (after five or six frustrating hours) removed it thanks to Malwarebytes and a follow-on program I downloaded and installed this evening, Hitman Pro. Despite all that the page still comes up every time I go online.

Help?

:)

ColMac42, Dec 14, 2016

2. Search Engine

Hi,

Glad to have helped. Sounds like you did some very good troubleshooting!

(If a reply was the solution please mark it as the "Answer" and/or "Solved My Problem" or if it was helpful please mark it as "Helpful". Those help others find the proper solutions.)

Moving everyday, going further on,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 14, 2016
  3. search engine

I want to uninstall Bing search engine that came with Microsoft 10 and would like to know how Please help

LyndaCohen-Priegel, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User
  5. batlhilz Win User
    batlhilz, Dec 14, 2016
  6. ColMac42 Win User
    Zemana did the job. Thank you.

ColMac42, Dec 14, 2016
  7. ColMac42 Win User
    ColMac42, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange Search Engine

1. Strange Search Engine - Similar Threads - Strange Search Engine

2. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  3. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  4. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  5. Search engine settings

Search engine settings: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to keep the windows search engine open after selecting a folder. When I am looking for a folder or a document, and realise I opened the wrong one, I have to repeatedly re-open the engine and start all the process from cero, is...
  6. Windows search Engine

Windows search Engine: Hi, how to fix the windows search engine. It is still not working. What could be the reason behind it? thanks! regards, pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-engine/b64112cb-7853-49a8-aa2c-9c4ea46dcfc2
  7. BING SEARCH ENGINE

BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  8. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  9. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  10. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340