Windows 10: Strange Search Indexer Issue

Discus and support Strange Search Indexer Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've never encountered this bug before. So a few days ago, my Search Indexer decided to go strange on me. I wasn't able to find files on different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Apr 9, 2018.

1. pepanee Win User

Strange Search Indexer Issue

I've never encountered this bug before.
    So a few days ago, my Search Indexer decided to go strange on me. I wasn't able to find files on different drives that are connected to the computer.

I did all 3 options at: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

So check this out (refer to the image below for the following):
    1) In the top section, if I uncheck the csc folder, nothing happens in the bottom section
    2) When I uncheck the red "My Personal Disk Drive", the blue "My Public Disk Drive" disappears from the bottom section. (What?) So when I re-check the red drive again, the blue drive shows up on the bottom again. (Hence: Strange)
    3) When I uncheck the blue "My Public Disk Drive", then the blue "My Public Disk Drive" disappears from the bottom section. (Which is correct ✅)
    4) When I uncheck the green "The Local Solid State Drive", then the green "The Local Solid State Drive" disappears from the bottom section. (Which is also correct ✅)

So why isn't the Search Indexer working correctly with the red personal disk drive?

Strange Search Indexer Issue [​IMG]

:)

pepanee, Apr 9, 2018

2. Search Indexing Issue

Hi Joseph,

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Apr 9, 2018
  3. Search Indexing Issue

I have two machines running a clean install of Windows 10. My Surface Pro doesn't seem to have any search indexing or search issues at the moment. On the other hand, my desktop does. I noticed that after installing Office and restarting, I wouldn't get
    search results for "Word", "Excel", "Outlook", etc like I do on my Surface Pro. I decided to rebuild my search index, but it didn't help. I tried rebooting and rebuilding it again with no luck. I also tried running the indexing troubleshooter and it didn't
    find any issues. Right now it says indexing is complete but when I search for something, it won't show any app results and it says "We're getting search ready..." with a spinning refresh icon. The apps show up in the "all apps" tab of the start menu, but
    I want to be able to search for them like in Windows 8.1. Windows settings seem to show up, but not Windows apps either like the defragmenter or disk cleanup. The Windows Search service is running and set to startup automatically. Any suggestions?

Here are some warnings I see in Event Viewer regarding Search:

Crawl could not be completed on content source <winrt://{S-1-5-21-2226465170-1080252126-4205760815-1001}/>.

Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:

The parameter is incorrect. (HRESULT : 0x80070057) (0x80070057)

The Windows Search Service is starting up and attempting to remove the old search index {Reason: User Requested}.

Joseph Benamy, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Strange Search Indexer Issue

1. Strange Search Indexer Issue - Similar Threads - Strange Search Indexer

2. Search and Indexing Issues

in Cortana
    Search and Indexing Issues: I cannot manage to make Windows 10 search find shortcuts inside "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\".To be more specific, I created a 'test' folder with a 'test.txt' file inside, I put it in several locations and, each time I move it, I select it as the only option...
  3. Search and Indexing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search and Indexing Issues: I cannot manage to make Windows 10 search find shortcuts inside "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\".To be more specific, I created a 'test' folder with a 'test.txt' file inside, I put it in several locations and, each time I move it, I select it as the only option...
  4. Search and Indexing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. search indexing was turned off issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search indexing was turned off issue: This problem has been on my computer for a very long time and i'd like to fix it without having to reset it, i already tried checking windows search on services, i already rebuilt the search index, ran the troubleshooter, and i even went back to previous a restore point but...
  6. search indexing was turned off issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search indexing was turned off issue: This problem has been on my computer for a very long time and i'd like to fix it without having to reset it, i already tried checking windows search on services, i already rebuilt the search index, ran the troubleshooter, and i even went back to previous a restore point but...
  7. Search Indexing Issue!!!

in Cortana
    Search Indexing Issue!!!: The Windows search is showing suspended in the Task manager and it is showing that search indexing is turned off in the search menu.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version DevInstalled on ‎07-‎May-‎21OS build 21376.1Experience Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 321.11803.0.3PLEASE...
  8. Help with likely Search/Indexing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with likely Search/Indexing issues: Hi! Firstly, thanks for reading and giving me your time! I ran into the issues around late November (and I've been in a cycle of procrastinating and forgetting to make this post since), seemingly after my computer restarted incorrectly and I was hit with a blue screen,...
  9. Search and Indexing issue on new pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search and Indexing issue on new pc: So, I recently built a new pc and I was playing around with my indexing options, and now a problem has popped up for some reason when I search something using the startup menu that is related to my settings, it would pop up as a document. I also encountered another problem...
  10. Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings...

in Cortana
    Outlook 365 Search/indexing: strange locations (mapi16://) and Search event warnings...: Hello, Just got a new PC (used it for a couple of weeks, Windows and Office preinstalled). In general Office, including Outlook, seems to work well. However, I noticed some strange Indexed Locations (see below) and I can also observe "Search" warnings in Event Viewer...