Windows 10: Strange series of issues, slow computer

Discus and support Strange series of issues, slow computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all! I've had a series of issues on my laptop, some of which I was able to fix and others I was not. It is an HP Spectre x360. Model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hjparker18, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Strange series of issues, slow computer

Hello all!

I've had a series of issues on my laptop, some of which I was able to fix and others I was not. It is an HP Spectre x360. Model 15-df0013dx. Purchased certified refurbished 5 months ago, and I have had no problems until now. I don't know a ton about computers but I can usually troubleshoot most issues I have with the help of Google, but I am at a complete loss for what to do now. With all my schoolwork online, I'd ideally like to not have to take the computer somewhere to be fixed. These issues started four days ago, and I have slowly fixed some but I'm afraid I've made others worse.

The first issue was a repeated crash with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen. I eventually found and updated/reinstalled the driver that was causing this issue. In trying to determine what the problem was, I appear to have either caused or uncovered several more issues. The first was when I updated the Windows Feature Update 1909, after which I repeatedly get the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION blue screen when trying to open a file. I uninstalled back to the previous version of windows and do not have that problem anymore. However I am still having some processing?/audio/video problems that I'm not really sure what to do about. My computer lags a lot when working on more intense programs such as Photoshop or Indesign, the mouse jumps around and moves jerkily, clicking when I haven't clicked and not clicking sometimes when I do click. I have no issues running Google Chrome by itself, or opening and editing files in Word or Excel, as long as only one tab/application is open at a time. Any more than that and I begin to have issues, when less than a week ago I could run Indesign, Excel, Acrobat, and Chrome at the same time with little to no issues. Audio is weirdly distorted both through my speakers and through headphones with a weird staticky crackling sound, and video/image lags/jumps/freezes a lot. I have tried several diagnostics, troubleshooters, and solutions I've seen in help forums, and nothing seems to solve these issues. I've run scans and safe mode and clean boots and everything that any internet forum has suggested, and everything either says that there are no issues, or that there are issues but the computer can't fix them.

Any advice on what to try next? I am wondering at this point if it is a physical issue caused by the overheating that was happening with the original blue screen error.

:)

Hjparker18, Apr 22, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 22, 2020
  3. slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Strange series of issues, slow computer

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Strange series of issues, slow computer

1. Strange series of issues, slow computer - Similar Threads - Strange series issues

2. Strange behavior in Windows...maybe a computer issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behavior in Windows...maybe a computer issue?: This is strange. My computer seems to do everything twice in order for it to proceed. For example, when I try to save a file in Illustrator, I get an error that says it can't save the file. i click save again and it saves just fine. When I try to go to a website, I get...
  3. Strange behavior in Windows...maybe a computer issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behavior in Windows...maybe a computer issue?: This is strange. My computer seems to do everything twice in order for it to proceed. For example, when I try to save a file in Illustrator, I get an error that says it can't save the file. i click save again and it saves just fine. When I try to go to a website, I get...
  4. Strange issue with computer freezing at random.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue with computer freezing at random.: So this is a strange issue that I've been dealing with over the past month or two. Basically, the pc will run fine, absolutely nothing wrong, but then at some point, it will freeze, but it's not like it gets stuck on a specific thing, just at some point, it will freeze,...
  5. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  6. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  7. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436
  10. Shutdown slow and strange

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown slow and strange: Just upgraded (via Windows Update) from Win 7 Pro to Windows 10. Upgrade generally went smoothly, but.... My PC now shuts down very slowly and oddly. The screen and keyboard turn off normally, in a few seconds, but the system box (fans, etc.) remain on for about 2-3 minutes...