Windows 10: Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

Discus and support Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi guys, I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabgab, Jul 9, 2019.

1. gabgab Win User

Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

hi guys,

I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd.

The first time you click the start button and then the turn off button, the menu looks like there's one more line, see attachment, then at the next time you click on it, looks fine without that line.

any ideas why? I already submitted that to MS feedback app. there's no newer video drivers for my card at the moment, I wanted to update the NVIDIA driver. I am on an Asus S15.

many thanks,
    Gabrio
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

on the second time, looks fine.
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update [​IMG]

:)

gabgab, Jul 9, 2019

2. Shut Down Button on Start Menu Not Working

The Shut Down Button on Start Menu is no longer working after the latest updates.

Once clicked, the little menu shows up very quickly and immediately disappears before you can make a selection.

The start menu is misbehaving as well. After clicking the Windows button the menu shows.

When start typing the search box appears and a few letters, then it just reacts sluggish and some menu items start blinking.

Last Update is Windows 10 Pro, 1703, 15063.726 on 32 bit x64 processor.

Any help appreciated.

Thomas.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Desktop and Start / PC

ThomasMuehlherr, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Menu has changed after 1903 Update

Greetings,

I installed the 1903 Update and now I noticed two entries at the bottom of my start menu. See screen shot for clarity of this.

Any suggestions to remove or why they are showing up there?

Thank you,

Windowsfree, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Rensouken Win User

Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update - Similar Threads - Strange shut down

2. Strange Shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange Shutting down: I have a strange problem, with a PC in Windows 10 Enterprise connected to a domain.- If I boot PC and after few minutes shutdown, it full shutdown fine.- If I boot PC and after many minutes shutdown, it hang to "Shutting down".- If I boot PC and after many minutes logoff user...
  3. Strange Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Shutting down: I have a strange problem, with a PC in Windows 10 Enterprise connected to a domain.- If I boot PC and after few minutes shutdown, it full shutdown fine.- If I boot PC and after many minutes shutdown, it hang to "Shutting down".- If I boot PC and after many minutes logoff user...
  4. Strange Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Start menu Shut down soft button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Start menu Shut down soft button?: Hello!Looking for a way how can to what Start menu Shut down soft button does wich GPO. Original GPO policy Computer/Policies>Windows Settings> Administrative templates> System/Power management/Button setting not working.Anyone can give advice for windows 10, how can change...
  6. How to change Start menu Shut down soft button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Start menu Shut down soft button?: Hello!Looking for a way how can to what Start menu Shut down soft button does wich GPO. Original GPO policy Computer/Policies>Windows Settings> Administrative templates> System/Power management/Button setting not working.Anyone can give advice for windows 10, how can change...
  7. How to change Start menu Shut down soft button?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Add confirmation menu if we click on restart/Shut down button in start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add confirmation menu if we click on restart/Shut down button in start menu.: Is there anyway to add a confirmation menu if we click on restart/shut down button in start button? It sucks when i want to shut down but accidentally click on restart. submitted by /u/ahtishamafzal [link] [comments]...
  9. Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update: hi guys, I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd. The first time you click the start button and then the turn off button, the menu looks like there's one more line, see below,...
  10. Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).: The search box is dislocation to more right side when you set the search button to "Hide", which is some kind uncomfortable. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menus-search-box-is-dislocation-since-latest/4b0512e2-bc72-44f5-a32f-0baef1768544

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown command no longer works in 1903