Windows 10: Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

Discus and support Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi guys, I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabgab, Jul 9, 2019.

1. gabgab Win User

Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

hi guys,

I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd.

The first time you click the start button and then the turn off button, the menu looks like there's one more line, see attachment, then at the next time you click on it, looks fine without that line.

any ideas why? I already submitted that to MS feedback app. there's no newer video drivers for my card at the moment, I wanted to update the NVIDIA driver. I am on an Asus S15.

many thanks,
    Gabrio
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

on the second time, looks fine.
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update [​IMG]

:)

gabgab, Jul 9, 2019

2. Shut Down Button on Start Menu Not Working

The Shut Down Button on Start Menu is no longer working after the latest updates.

Once clicked, the little menu shows up very quickly and immediately disappears before you can make a selection.

The start menu is misbehaving as well. After clicking the Windows button the menu shows.

When start typing the search box appears and a few letters, then it just reacts sluggish and some menu items start blinking.

Last Update is Windows 10 Pro, 1703, 15063.726 on 32 bit x64 processor.

Any help appreciated.

Thomas.

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Desktop and Start / PC

ThomasMuehlherr, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Menu has changed after 1903 Update

Greetings,

I installed the 1903 Update and now I noticed two entries at the bottom of my start menu. See screen shot for clarity of this.

Any suggestions to remove or why they are showing up there?

Thank you,

Windowsfree, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Rensouken Win User

Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update - Similar Threads - Strange shut down

2. Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange shut down menu on start button with latest 1903 update: hi guys, I am running 1903 - 18362.207 and since 1903 (other build number earlier on), i have this weird issue, not really an issue but just odd. The first time you click the start button and then the turn off button, the menu looks like there's one more line, see below,...
  3. Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu's search box is dislocation since latest update (1903).: The search box is dislocation to more right side when you set the search button to "Hide", which is some kind uncomfortable. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menus-search-box-is-dislocation-since-latest/4b0512e2-bc72-44f5-a32f-0baef1768544
  4. Sleep button shuts down my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button shuts down my computer: Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too. I have checked my power options and no issues there. I am wondering...
  5. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?: My computer using window 10 would not shut down when I clicked on the shut down menu. Please advise thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-will-not-shut-down-when-i-clicked/dd1a9cb1-d312-4110-bc16-463bec48b6de
  6. Strange Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Start Menu Icons: Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace the HDD it came with. Installing windows went off without a hitch, and I've downloaded the drivers and whatnot. However,...
  7. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...
  8. Strange messages at startup and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange messages at startup and shut down: As of a few weeks ago I am getting new popup messages every time I start and stop Win10. I have tried start/restart in Safe Mode and with the internet disconnected. They go by very fast and I am unable to read some. I recorded the procedures with a camera and sent it to a...
  9. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...
  10. Taskmanager / Start Button / Apps / Shut down (and more) won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskmanager / Start Button / Apps / Shut down (and more) won't work: Hi, I just read the thread of Louise M (https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...hing-else.html) who had a quite similar problem to mine. My story: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 Pro (I have a HP Probook 6560b). Before that I had to remove some HP security software...