Windows 10: Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD

Discus and support Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows on my SSD (C) and I have another drive for Main Storage(B) When I had installed Windows and booted into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Braduz, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Braduz Win User

Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD

I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows on my SSD (C) and I have another drive for Main Storage(B)

When I had installed Windows and booted into it I noticed that Main Storage (B) wasn't showing, I had assumed I had reformatted it as well by accident. I used recovery software and everything seemed to be there on the undetected drive

Later on, after recovering the files I went into Disk Management and scrolled down, noticing that there was a disk being detected but was not in use/faded out or something?

After that I believe I selected "associate disk"? or something along those lines and the drive was detected, and everything seemed to be there, just like before, even folder icons.

My questions would be:

What exactly happened?

Would the information stored on Main Storage(B) have suffered from any corruption?

Was there even a reformat?

What option (in Disk Management) could have resulted in this?

:)

Braduz, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD

1. Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD - Similar Threads - Strange Situation Regarding

2. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  3. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  4. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Own Situation Regarding The printspooler Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    My Own Situation Regarding The printspooler Issue: Took nearly all day to update my Windows 10 machines with microsofts patch for the printer issue. I also disabled "printspooler" . Printing in general is not an issue with me and Windows 10. I have a new boxed 4-5 year old printer but refuse to use it as the (well known)...
  6. for DaveM121 regarding question for unknown device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    for DaveM121 regarding question for unknown device: i couldn't reply to your last message it says error anyway there is no sticker underneath. there's one sticker at the back a small sticker made in china with number 0005669. is that it?...
  7. Question regarding HDD Spindown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question regarding HDD Spindown: I know Windows has the feature of powering down harddrives when they are idle.Since I'm thinking about building a RAID (5) array, I was wondering if one of you could tell me whether this feature also works for such arrays or only for single drives. Thanks! submitted by...
  8. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  9. This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.: The answers given may help solve the problem, however, don't you have to have the computer booted up? What if you cannot get that far because of the Microsoft change/...
  10. Strange & Unknown User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange & Unknown User Name: When I start up the computer, I get presented with this message "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." Below that is an "OK" button. The user name displayed is "morga" -- my last name is "morgan". So when I click "OK" it clears off the message, and I get a...