Windows 10: Strange sound problem.

Discus and support Strange sound problem. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,since I once installed voicemeter, my sound has random "crashes". Suddenly all sound from all Apps stops playing, although it is showing that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meyburn, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Meyburn Win User

Strange sound problem.

Hi,since I once installed voicemeter, my sound has random "crashes". Suddenly all sound from all Apps stops playing, although it is showing that it is playing something in the sound settings. Same for the Microphone. It has nothing to do with the Hardware because when I change the Bitrate of both Speaker and microphone everything is perfectly well. I have uninstalled voicemeter and all my drivers are up-to-date. Searching for broken system files using sfc /scannow did not help. It always starts with a clicking sound. My current solution is to always switch between 48000 Hz and 44100 Hz a

:)

Meyburn, Apr 23, 2021

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 23, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Strange sound problem. :p

cadaveca, Apr 23, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

Strange sound problem.

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Strange sound problem.

1. Strange sound problem. - Similar Threads - Strange sound problem

2. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem with Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Problem with Sound: Hi,I have a Dell laptop Latitude 5510 with i7-10810U CPU, running windows 10 version 10.0.19042 Build 19042, and in the last few months I have no sound, neither on speakers nor with headphones. In addition - the microphone also doesn't work.When I tested this issue I got a...
  5. A strange problem with the sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange problem with the sound: Due to a problem the sound disappeared from Windows and red mark appear in the sound icon, I tried a lot to download drivers, but no one succeeded, although the sound works normally in Ubuntu, but after I downloaded realtek the red mark disappear but still ccant hear anything...
  6. Strange Bling sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Bling sound.: Ok so I've already contacted Microsoft advisors about this and it ended up being reinstalling Microsoft. I decided to go here and ask if anybody knows an alternative or have heard it before and knows what it is or knows what to do about it. Sound:...
  7. Strange Sound problem

Strange Sound problem: Hello , So I was trying to watch this video on YouTube when suddenly there was no sound coming from my laptop. I am on Windows 10 using Dell as a laptop. When i go to the sound in the bottom right corner , It says that Speakers/Headphones are connected to the device. When...
  8. Strange sound issue

Strange sound issue: I honestly have no clue how to deal with this issue other than restarting and it's really started to get on my nerves. This problem has been ongoing for about a year now on my Asus F402B. Basically, sound will inexplicably stop working. Usually, the PC will not work with...
  9. Strange Sound problem

Strange Sound problem: I have just done a fresh install of Win 10 (not an upgrade) I have noticed that no windows sounds are working. I can play music , listen to youtube everything seems fine but I do miss the little sounds that re-assured me my usb stick was just plugged or unplugged etc. I...
  10. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...