Windows 10: Strange spam email address

Discus and support Strange spam email address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Danilo Stevanovic, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Strange spam email address

I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible?

Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com>

I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that contains invoice file (virus) and always uses different combination of 2 email addresses, so it is hard to block.

:)

Danilo Stevanovic, Nov 28, 2018

2. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Mystere Win User
    Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Once you're on the list, the only thing you can do to stop it is change your email address.

I have an old Hotmail email that I use very rarely, and never give out anymore. I've had this account for close to 20 years, and it *STILL* gets a ton of spam. Many years ago I used to sign up for stuff using various fake names so I could try to track where spam was coming from, and I *STILL* get spam with those names 10+ years later.

No, you can't just block the IP addresses. The IP's change regularly, and often these are hijacked servers that are used for a few days or weeks then they move on to the next hijacked server so that people can't block them.

Trust me.. 30 spam messages is not very many, I get over 2500 per day, and that's the stuff that makes it through the front-end filters. There have been particularly bad periods where I've received of 25,000 per day. Only changing your email and never giving it out to any mailing list, service, website, etc.. will protect you from spam, and even then random emails can still be sent if your email address is common enough.

Honestly, I wouldn't be that worried about those "hidden" messages, since 99.9% of spammers just don't care if an email address is good or not.. They don't even bother to remove duplicates.

Mystere, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Strange spam email address

Dealing with Spam

I suggest you change to Gmail with step two verification.

TheMailMan78, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Strange spam email address

1. Strange spam email address - Similar Threads - Strange spam email

2. Addresses from Spam email showing up in Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Addresses from Spam email showing up in Mail: A while ago I received a number of Spam emails from what appeared to be a genuine contact.Today when composing an email I noticed that a number of the addresses that the spam emails came from are now somewhere within Mail. How can I delete them?I tried to upload a screenshot...
  3. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  4. What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the email address to Microsoft to Report email Spam?: I have AOL email and I received a Spam email from someone that said I bought "Windows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection" for $399.23. I want to report this email Because I did not make that purchase !I looked all over for it but could not find...
  5. Something strange behind email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something strange behind email address: Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it. Thank you,...
  6. Something strange behind email address

Something strange behind email address: Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it. Thank you,...
  7. Deleting spam email addresses

Deleting spam email addresses: Sorry that was an error by me I am on windows 10, using gmail or googlemail. I keep getting lots of spam emails which do go to my spam folder and I delete them. I now have a problem whereby when I send an email and go to the 'to' line these spam email adresses come up. I...
  8. How to log junk/spam email IP addresses

How to log junk/spam email IP addresses: I have been receiving a bunch of suspicious email lately and I want to log the suspicious emails IP address so I can determine their geographic location. How do I do this in the Mail application included in Windows 10? The mail application also has separate folders for junk...
  9. Auto-complete addresses full of spam emails

Auto-complete addresses full of spam emails: Hi Microsoft folk, I have been using the Windows 10 mail app for a while now, and linked it with my hotmail account. For a while now, every time I start to compose an email and start typing a "to" address, the suggested autocomplete is filled with spam addresses (that are...
  10. Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing?

Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing?: Hi, I got this message. I found it a bit strange. Is it real or fake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/strange-message-from-is-this-spampishing/764d1fa3-8cd5-4104-9232-5b8355adcc08