Windows 10: Strange Start Menu Icons

Discus and support Strange Start Menu Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LC14199, May 29, 2018.

1. LC14199 Win User

Strange Start Menu Icons

Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace the HDD it came with. Installing windows went off without a hitch, and I've downloaded the drivers and whatnot.

However, there's one last remaining thing that seems to be refusing to download, as seen here
    Strange Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

Those download icons are placeholders for apps that are meant to be downloaded as soon as I'm connected to the internet, but they're not downloading. Does anyone know how to fix this short of nuking the OS and starting the whole process again?

I've tried forcing the windows store to check for updates, and it did download a ton of stuff, but the icons still remain, even after restarting. I can unpin them, but if I do, they return after restarting the pc.

Windows 10 is up to date, winver states the following: Version 1803 (Build 17134.81)

Cheers,
    LC

:)

LC14199, May 29, 2018

2. Start Menu icons are missing

Hi Janes,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which all Icons are missing on the Start menu?

• Are you able to find the Icons, when you click on
      All apps
      in the start menu?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to search for the Icons in the search bar, if the icon appears in the search list then
    right click on the icon and select Pin to Start and check if the icons appears in the start menu.

If the issue persists, Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 29, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Strange Start Menu Icons

1. Strange Start Menu Icons - Similar Threads - Strange Start Menu

2. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  3. Strange behavior of the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange behavior of the Start menu: You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway it appears with...
  4. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  5. Strange appearance for start menu apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange appearance for start menu apps: Ever since I set up my Surface Pro 4, the icons have looked strange both when pinned to Start and when I search the program from Start. There doesn't seem to be a performance issue, but the appearance has been deteriorating so that the icons now also look dark for some...
  6. Strange Start Menu Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Start Menu Behaviour: When I start typing in the start menu the black panel on the left with power settings etc disappears! How can I get this back to normal? https://ibb.co/1n7JyyH submitted by /u/My_Lucky-Day [link] [comments]...
  7. Strange behaviour of pinned menu icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behaviour of pinned menu icons: As we don’t have a ‘ bags and strange behaviour ‘ child forum, I will post here the past few days I am experiencing some of my pinned menu icons lose their graphics, if I resize them then back to where they were ere , the icon reverts to normal. this first happened with the...
  8. Strange icon on START panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange icon on START panel: Hi Sometimes , after enter on Windows , if i go on start menù i see the strange icon like "minecraft" style. What is? i check with antivirus but nothing found , the same with adwcleanr or malwarebytes.. IS a miner hack? like that can use for bitcoin or other..? what is?...
  9. Strange Start Menu Icons since Samsung EXO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Start Menu Icons since Samsung EXO: Hey guys, so I just reinstalled Windows 10 onto my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3576 after taking it apart and installing a Samsung 850 EVO to replace the HDD it came with. Installing windows went off without a hitch, and I've downloaded the drivers and whatnot. However,...
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601