Windows 10: Strange task scheduler entry

Discus and support Strange task scheduler entry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a entry in my task scheduler under Microsoft>Windows>rempl> "shell" Primary shell invocation for sediment pack trigger everyday. Can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pagefile'sys, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Strange task scheduler entry

Hello, I have a entry in my task scheduler under Microsoft>Windows>rempl> "shell" Primary shell invocation for sediment pack trigger everyday. Can anyone tell me what is this and what it does? For the record, I already scanned my computer with Malwarebytes anti-malware, found nothing

thanks in advance

:)

Pagefile'sys, Mar 22, 2019

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Thanks for providing the results of the troubleshooting steps we provided. Since the credentials are still showing up in task scheduler, we suggest that you follow the steps below to check the entries in the credential manager and delete the entries manually:

• Type the words Credential Manager in Cortana or the search box.
    • From the list of results select Credential Manager
    • From this screen, you can manage Web Credentials and
      Windows Credentials

Once you have the screen open verify if any of the credentials you saw in task scheduler is present and manually delete them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 22, 2019
  4. tracit99 Win User

Strange task scheduler entry

Task Scheduler issue

I did a,b, and c and Task Scheduler is non-functional now. Not one single task is shown. Also tried repair install, but still have problem with 'Task Scheduler is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it'.

tracit99, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Strange task scheduler entry

1. Strange task scheduler entry - Similar Threads - Strange task scheduler

2. Strange Scheduled Task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Scheduled Task: I found this strange task in Task Scheduler. It is called "chrome bookmarks"It runs this. I am not sure why command prompt is then opening PowerShell. I have a feeling it is obfuscated. I am not sure what it is actually doing.cmd /c powershell -WindowStyle Hidden -E...
  3. Strange Scheduled Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Scheduled Task: I found this strange task in Task Scheduler. It is called "chrome bookmarks"It runs this. I am not sure why command prompt is then opening PowerShell. I have a feeling it is obfuscated. I am not sure what it is actually doing.cmd /c powershell -WindowStyle Hidden -E...
  4. Strange registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange registry entries: When searching the registry I came across the entries: The only languages I have installed are American and English. Are these entries installed by Microsoft or by malware?...
  5. strange entries in services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange entries in services: [ATTACH] When I open services page I noticed there are some strange entries, as you can see from the screenshot there are some entries ended in 6dd8d3 like AarSvc_6dd8d3, BluetoothUserService_6dd8d3 and others. What are those ? are they virus ?...
  6. Strange entry in appwiz.cpl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange entry in appwiz.cpl: I went into flag-key < appwiz.cpl to uninstall a different program, and I found this as one of the entries: [ATTACH]I have no idea what that is. It doesn't look like part of the Windows OS or something important. Should I uninstall this?...
  7. strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag

in Windows 10 Support
    strange bug: editing tasks in task scheduler cause mouse to lag: It happened to me once in windows 7: if i edit existing task, or delete it, or do anything... I have weird mouse lag. I thought it was rare bug. But same in Windows 10, if i edit any task, or even touch anything in task scheduler, my mouse has weird lag, even if i restart pc....
  8. Strange Entry in Sigverif

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Entry in Sigverif: So I have an Asus Hero VIII board, Win10 and my current Realtek audio driver is 6.0.1.8040. I found out at the ROG site that when installing these driver that a file called atkex_cmd.exe gets deposited in the Realtek folder in the HDA area. this file causes a system entry of...
  9. Media Center Task Scheduler Entries

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Media Center Task Scheduler Entries: I have upgraded several machines to W10. On some, I noticed that in the event viewer / system tab, that on boot, the task scheduler was complaining about misc-configured media center tasks. I went into task scheduler, microsoft, media center and deleted all the associated...
  10. Strange Log Entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Log Entry: Has anyone ever seen an entry to admin log file like this: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Date and time: 1/11/2183 - 10:46:25 pm. How would someone even go about fixing this from reappearing since this is the third...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Primary shell invocation for sediment pack

2. sediment pack maintenecne tasks