Windows 10: strange task tray icon. computer with a cowboy hat

Discus and support strange task tray icon. computer with a cowboy hat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey I am getting this strange icon in my task bar. The last time it appeared was while / after unzipping a file. When I hover over it, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NunnoffJorbiznes, May 16, 2021.

1. strange task tray icon. computer with a cowboy hat

Hey I am getting this strange icon in my task bar. The last time it appeared was while / after unzipping a file. When I hover over it, it disappears.Does anyone know this?

:)

NunnoffJorbiznes, May 16, 2021

2. No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check.

• Go to Settings.
      • Select System.
      • Click on Notifications & Actions.
      • Click on Select which icons appear on the task bar.
      • And choose the following icons you wish to keep on task bar.
      • Restart the Computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 16, 2021
  3. p060477 Win User
    unable to create tray icon...

here gaian to update for the owner of the tool my experience:
    NOTHING DONE of different in my pc and now at its starts,of the pc.., it works....,the tray icon tool..

so to sum up:
    RANDOMLY it works
    RANDOMLY it starts at start up,or with its settings or in a proper task scheduler BUT with the error:
    - failed to create tray icon-...so you can only see the gpu-z.exe in task manager but you cannot open or see it..
    to do it you have to stop it in task and to re start the tool manually..at this point you can see it in tray area and open its window on the
    desktop....

what you think W1zzz...?

hoping to see yr replies ..!!
    thxs so much in advance

cheers

p060477, May 16, 2021
  4. steve108 Win User

strange task tray icon. computer with a cowboy hat

Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray

Confirmed on W10 2004 what you said - Task Manager starts minimized with an icon in the taskbar. If I click on the Task Manager taskbar icon, then minimize the Task Manager window, the taskbar icon goes away and Task Manager remains in the tray.

steve108, May 16, 2021
Thema:

strange task tray icon. computer with a cowboy hat

1. strange task tray icon. computer with a cowboy hat - Similar Threads - strange task tray

2. Strange icon in Task Bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange icon in Task Bar.: Hi, i'm asking a question on behalf of my mum who has a nes Dell Inspiron and Windows 11. She has Windows Security and no virus. Although it appears that she does not have a virus, i am worried about her security.An icon has appeared on her task bar which she does not...
  3. Strange icon in Task Bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange icon in Task Bar.: Hi, i'm asking a question on behalf of my mum who has a nes Dell Inspiron and Windows 11. She has Windows Security and no virus. Although it appears that she does not have a virus, i am worried about her security.An icon has appeared on her task bar which she does not...
  4. Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray: I have odd behavior suddenly where a computer icon appears in my system tray, sometimes several, and the computer is wearing a hat. I have reverse image searched this icon, and found one other forum thread on it, but no answer has been given to what it is. The only things I...
  5. Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray

Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray: I have odd behavior suddenly where a computer icon appears in my system tray, sometimes several, and the computer is wearing a hat. I have reverse image searched this icon, and found one other forum thread on it, but no answer has been given to what it is. The only things I...
  6. Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10: I see this icon at the bottom in my task bar, right next to the "Type here to search".How do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon-in-task-bar-windows-10/876c9d6e-591e-4405-b601-c18c5ab07cfa
  8. Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10

Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10: I see this icon at the bottom in my task bar, right next to the "Type here to search".How do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon-in-task-bar-windows-10/876c9d6e-591e-4405-b601-c18c5ab07cfa
  9. Strange Icon in Task Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10: I would like to have the system tray icon of the Task Manager started at boot in WIndows 10. I have tried the batch file method in StackOverflow and the old Windows 7 Method it does not seem to work anymore. Please Help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer icon with a hat