Windows 10: Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.

Discus and support Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is this task on my taskbar that isn't included in my Task Manager and disappears when the cursor is close.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Eanat, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Eanat Win User

Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.

There is this task on my taskbar that isn't included in my Task Manager and disappears when the cursor is close. Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears. b968e1bb-d2c4-4309-9714-35ef46dcd368?upload=true.png Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears. 71dc2845-9d3c-4b2d-b893-7f9a113a2e6e?upload=true.png Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears. c4871679-6ef3-4921-bc8a-8b4764b09e55?upload=true.png

:)

Eanat, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Dissapearing pinned taskbar icons

Hi
    sjain963

The disappearing taskbar icons can either be a software conflict or permission restriction on your computer. I'd like to clarify the following for us to have a better understanding of how did this occur:

• Are you able to remember when did the issue stared, changes on the computer, recent updates installed, or newly installed applications on your device that may have triggered this?

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type WINVER and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.

• For my awareness, can you provide all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

• Is your computer new and if it's a personal computer or not (company owned)? It's for us to know if your device is still warranty-protected.

Erika Aro, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears. - Similar Threads - Strange Taskbar icon

2. desktop icons dissapear with start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons dissapear with start menu: [ATTACH][ATTACH] when windows loads nothing appears, but when i open something or right click on desktop everything appears. sometimes when i open something and minimize it everything goes off again. some one know how to fix this? thanks...
  3. Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared

Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared: Hi Everyone. My problem is I have lost all desktop shortcut icons on my windows 10, how do I retrieve this page? its normally when the pc starts up, then I click into them. Some one help me please, its driving me crazy. Thank you....
  4. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  5. Strange icons

Strange icons: All the icons on my desktop suddenly have arrows on them...see attached photo.does anyone know what this is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icons/2bb3d428-68bc-488c-a3d4-1ce9fd55ff22
  6. what is this strange icon ??

in Windows 10 Support
    what is this strange icon ??: just found today. What is this strange blue arrows?? Some folders do have, some dont't [img] [img] [img] 122770
  7. Bluetooth icon dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon dissapeared: I had my PC working properly and running version 1803- Windows 64 bits. on 10/10 I had the cumulative update (KB4462919) installed and currently running OS Build 17134.345. I have Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard combo (MX5000/MX1000) from Logitech which is running properly but...
  8. Dissapearing Icons

Dissapearing Icons: All my windows Icons Such as Windows Defender, Groove Music, Sticky Notes , Microsoft edge, All Microsoft apps are invisible on my task bar, For Example, refer to the attached image, i have tried sfc Scan, DSIM , Deleting Icon Cache from Appdata folder, nothing works. I have...
  9. Icons and thumbnails dissapeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and thumbnails dissapeared: Hey, I'm running out of ideas. All of my icons dissapeared yesterday for some unknown reason. On desktop there is just blank space where they should be, only the text description of each shortcut or file remains. No icons are showing in explorer either. The only place...
  10. Reserved W10 but taskbar icon dissapeared the next day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserved W10 but taskbar icon dissapeared the next day: How can i get notification or download w10 if the icon in taskbar is gone? 10451