Windows 10: Strange taskbar issues

Discus and support Strange taskbar issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cwburns32, Jul 13, 2020.

1. cwburns32 Win User

Strange taskbar issues

Hello all,

I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show over a fullscreen game, fullscreen YouTube video or even over my work Citrix environment. It is completely random and no real way to recreate the issue. Second, none of the popups work on my buttons within the system icons area. If I click on Network, Sound or even the clock/calendar, nothing pops up. I can click the expand arrow which allows me to left and right click on all of my applications with ese but anything that is pinned to the system icon area does not function properly. Not sure where issue lies. Maybe a registry issue?

Windows 10 64-bit build # 19041.329, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

:)

cwburns32, Jul 13, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Strange taskbar issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Strange taskbar issues

1. Strange taskbar issues - Similar Threads - Strange taskbar issues

2. Strange icon in the Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange icon in the Taskbar.: Sometimes, a strange icon appears in my taskbar. It is a small, green square with pixels in the bottom that wave like if they were showing a sound graph, screenshot attached.I recently built my pc, it has an RTX 3060TI, an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, a NZXT N7 B550 Motherboard. It...
  3. Strange icon in the Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange icon in the Taskbar.: Sometimes, a strange icon appears in my taskbar. It is a small, green square with pixels in the bottom that wave like if they were showing a sound graph, screenshot attached.I recently built my pc, it has an RTX 3060TI, an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, a NZXT N7 B550 Motherboard. It...
  4. Strange icon in the Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange Taskbar Behavior?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Taskbar Behavior?: TL;DR - closing app that continues to run background, makes its pinned icon in taskbar inactive. So I returned to Windows PC after using Mac for a year or two - and I am not sure but I think pinned apps on taskbar do not behave as they used to and I am wondering if there is...
  6. Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues: Hello, I have some very weird issues with windows 10 pro. Since 3 days I experience: - window freezing. Suddenly I cant click or move any window. But I can move my mouse pointer just fine. Opening the task manager fixes this issue and sometimes it fixes by itself. -...
  7. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar: Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the desktop icons will flicker and sometimes the gray box on the icons on the taskbar will stay as they are. These problems go away...
  8. Strange issue

Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436