Windows 10: Strange thing about Win10 10122 upgrade

Discus and support Strange thing about Win10 10122 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Finally got around to upgrading from 10074 to 10122 last night. Download went fast and preparing install went well also. When it rebooted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scramjet, May 24, 2015.

1. Scramjet Win User

Strange thing about Win10 10122 upgrade

Hi All,
    Finally got around to upgrading from 10074 to 10122 last night. Download went fast and preparing install went well also. When it rebooted it copied the files to 100% and the big circle was at 30% and it rebooted a few times. then on the last reboot it displayed the circling beads and displayed across the bottom was " restoring your previous version of windows. took a short while and I was back to 10074.
    Now how weird was that? Anyone else have that happen to them?
    I shall attempt it again later today when I have time, but was just wondering about it.

cheers

:)

Scramjet, May 24, 2015

2. a strange thing about the 5800!

Why so obsessed with numbers?

They don't mean that much excitement.

Consider f/w v21 go straight to v30 - where are the intermediates? Despite that there are minor numbers, and version builds...

Jumping numbers like that seems as just self-justification, and a commonplace in marketing-driven IT industry.

Sergey Zak, May 24, 2015
  3. a strange thing about the 5800!

If im right, the number "4" is considered unlucky in the IT industry. Hence i guess a jump from 3 to 5.

yannifan01, May 24, 2015
  4. Scramjet Win User

well this time the upgrade went great and all is working in build 10122 *Smile

Scramjet, May 25, 2015
  5. Took me twice to do this, as well .. but after it was done, discovered that it had trashed (reformatted) my shared "data drive", as well as my Win8.1 drive. Took me the last couple of days to restore them both from backups and using data recovery apps.

From what I'm seeing, more folks are having this "had to run it twice" problem with this latest build -- and suffering damaging side effects from the results.

Mark Phelps, May 25, 2015
  6. Scramjet Win User
    Thanks for the reply Mark.
    This time I decided to unplug all the other drives and even my hdmi cable for the extended tv display. I believe it installed faster than usual this time. Only took me about an hr from start to desktop on my asus P5E3 deluxe x38 MB with core2 duo 8400 processor. Had this system since 2009 but still working great. I am testing Win10 on a ocz 60gb SSD drive. Thinking about buying a Samsung 250gb SSD when RTM comes out.

cheers

Scramjet, May 25, 2015
  7. I have always followed others advice and disconnected my other drives prior to upgrading or doing a clean install (which I normally do). I have not had any issues whatsoever. Upon completion of the install I reconnect my other drives and the dual boot screen appears when I turn on the computer.

stealth2920, May 25, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

I believe this is a known issue, Scramjet.

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange thing about Win10 10122 upgrade - Similar Threads - Strange thing Win10

2. Problems about upgrade win8.1 to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems about upgrade win8.1 to win10: I tried to upgrade from win8.1 to win10 with the exe MediaCreationTool22H2.exe downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.But I got a error of message something like "This tool doesn't support this Window version or language.My pc window is:...
  3. Problems about upgrade win8.1 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems about upgrade win8.1 to win10: I tried to upgrade from win8.1 to win10 with the exe MediaCreationTool22H2.exe downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.But I got a error of message something like "This tool doesn't support this Window version or language.My pc window is:...
  4. Notepad doing strange thing!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad doing strange thing!: Today is bit more lazy day. So I did a very stupid thing. I wrote zeroes of whole text file. Then I finally surprised! It stuck and on task manager I saw it takes upto 2.4 GB of RAM. So I stop writing it and saved it to text file. Then, it's 1.21GB text file. I couldn't read...
  5. Event viewer strange things(?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Event viewer strange things(?): Hi, in my event viewer several keys (name or description) are missing or are using weird codes instead of words, should I reinstall or use an older image? Is it broken and needs some fixing? [img] Thanks! 154621
  6. 10122 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    10122 problems: I was impressed up to this build. Now the start screen icons that I create are blurred even when I choose the small size. Insider hub is much slower loading as are many other things. The whole thing seems to be suddenly clunky and slow. Why does it now need 3 clicks to use...
  7. Strange things happening since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening since last upgrade: My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved about 60 to 70% of the time. This never happened before the upgrade. Personally I think it might be a hardware issue. I use...
  8. Upgrade to 10122 gets error fbl_impressive Professional 10122 - Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to 10122 gets error fbl_impressive Professional 10122 - Error: I upgraded to 10074 with no problems but trying to upgrade to 10122 gets error fbl_impressive Professional 10122 - Error 0xd0000225. I'm logged into my Microsoft account, so I don't think that's the problem. I've cleaned up all the files and registry, but still getting the...
  9. Questions About Upgrading: Win7 -> Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions About Upgrading: Win7 -> Win10: I'm thinking of upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have a few questions regarding the process and result. Essentially, my questions revolve around if I should be expecting that all my settings, applications, and documents remain identical after the upgrade process?...
  10. Question About Free Upgrade To Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Free Upgrade To Win10: I am confused about the one year free upgrade. Is it free as in upgrade for a year and it is yours to have forever? Or is it free for one year and then you have to pay even though you already upgraded? 5215