Windows 10: Strange things happening at bootup

Discus and support Strange things happening at bootup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reevesjo, Apr 20, 2020.

1. reevesjo Win User

Strange things happening at bootup

When I start my HP laptop with WIN10, after the bootup screen appears, if I am not prompt to hit one key to advance me to my login PIN, strange things happen. Like: old pages showing up, some containing sensitive material. Others are just various pages that I have visited in the past. Then when I hit "any key" to advance me to my PIN page, everything works properly allowing me to proceed as if I was not slow to log in. Just curious why all of the "old" pages pop up while waiting for me to log in. Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

reevesjo, Apr 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 20, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Strange things happening at bootup

error code 0xc0000098 on bootup

tried every step on the tutorial, several of the steps required a lot of tweaking just to get the computer to run them like DISM, SFC, fixboot. even then I would still get error after error after fixing the particular issue that was holding up the utility
    from running.

I still do not wish to re-install windows as I wish to keep my programs (some very old) and my thunderbird email messages and folders

it is still strange to me that on bootup I get that bluescreen so fast, it's like the pc doesn't even try to boot up, just immediately sends me to the error screen as if it was part of the firmware

Ericsystems, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Strange things happening at bootup

1. Strange things happening at bootup - Similar Threads - Strange things happening

2. Strange things happening on my PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange things happening on my PC.: how can I see who is logged in with my account on my company PC or another PC using my account? We are on a network, so I guess anybody could login with other accounts.Today, all of a sudden Photoshop was deleted from my computer. I literally used it 1 hour before. Strange...
  3. Weird thing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing happening: A while back I changed my mouse to an animated one, and since then I have been having this weird problem where over time my audio starts to have static in it and my cursor animation starts slowing down ,it is fixed with a restart but always comes back near end of the day, is...
  4. Wierd things are happening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd things are happening: The color purple is intensified and most blue colors have a purple tint to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wierd-things-are-happening/74e3bdae-5922-4bc8-9969-6d5a24da9ab5
  5. Some strange thing happening with scrolling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some strange thing happening with scrolling: Hi, I'm not sure if my Win10 installation has always worked like this, but I think not, but it's been like this for over a year. It relates to scrolling. I have a lot of subfolders. When I scroll down my list, and then stop to choose a folder which has come into view, the...
  6. Strange things happening with Windows 10 backup and external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Strange things happening with Windows 10 backup and external drive: I set up Windows 10 backup to backup to an external USB drive and it seemed to be working good. Then I moved some folders around in my Documents and clicked "backup now" in Windows backup settings. The process finished immediately and when I looked on the external drive my...
  7. Weird thing happen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happen: I had windows screen, like when you freshly installed windows. Where is screen when you have to click continue and than write email to create microsoft account. I though perhaps i got updated to 2004. But no. Any idea why this showed up??? 161052
  8. Crazy things happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crazy things happening: Since last update, My RCA tablet with keyboard is doing crazy things. It acts as tho someone else is on here with me and clicking all kinds of things that I am not clicking. Things are constantly poping up and have to fight to get control of mouse to remove all the things...
  9. Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things sometimes happen when waking up.: My computer auto sleeps just fine with my 30 sleep timer. When I go to wake it up tho, about a third of the the time I get something weird. Sometimes, the fans come back on but the screen never wakes up (hit the reset button and reboot). The strangest one is that the screen...
  10. Strange things happening since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange things happening since last upgrade: My last upgrade was to Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Since then when my computer goes to sleep, on awakening the open windows are resized and moved about 60 to 70% of the time. This never happened before the upgrade. Personally I think it might be a hardware issue. I use...