Windows 10: Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App

Discus and support Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I lave utterly strange issue with Accent Color in all UWP Apps. Title bar buttons colors are inconsistent and wrong across all system. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UweRichtgoffen, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App

Hello! I lave utterly strange issue with Accent Color in all UWP Apps. Title bar buttons colors are inconsistent and wrong across all system. For example, in Microsoft Edge they are black or white (depends on screen focus); in the Settings app, they are colored to the current accent color. But there is more! Whenever I change accent color is settings, it changes in every place where it should, but not in title bar buttons until I reopen app manually. There is even more! Accent color won't change in windows search results.

I've gone deeply into this problem. I've debugged native Settings App and this error pops whenever I try to change the accent color. On my other device, there is no exception when I try to do the same thing.

minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C589) ReturnHr(9) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C5B2) ReturnHr(10) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C589) ReturnHr(11) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C5B2) ReturnHr(12) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C589) ReturnHr(13) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C5B2) ReturnHr(14) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C589) ReturnHr(15) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C5B2) ReturnHr(16) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C589) ReturnHr(17) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. minio\profapi\registry.cpp(48)\profapi.dll!00007FFFF2454D19: (caller: 00007FFFDAD8C5B2) ReturnHr(18) tid(3828) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. Exception thrown at 0x00007FFFF2F89149 (KernelBase.dll) in SystemSettings.exe: 0x80004002: No such interface supported. Exception thrown at 0x00007FFFF2F89149 (KernelBase.dll) in SystemSettings.exe: 0x80004002: No such interface supported. Exception thrown at 0x00007FFFF2F89149 (KernelBase.dll) in SystemSettings.exe: 0x80004002: No such interface supported. Exception thrown at 0x00007FFFF2F89149 (KernelBase.dll) in SystemSettings.exe: 0x80004002: No such interface supported. Exception thrown at 0x00007FFFF2F89149 (KernelBase.dll) in SystemSettings.exe: 0x800706BA: The RPC server is unavailable.

Here are some screenshots of my problem:

Accent color for buttons won't change:

Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App [​IMG]

Accent color for search results won't change:

Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App 9a6782f7-678b-4921-9997-4d6d91c8e9c5?upload=true.png

Weird title bar buttons color in Microsoft Edge:

Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App 25b0ff93-5c55-4f8f-94f9-d711d4a5c8c5?upload=true.png

:)

UweRichtgoffen, Mar 2, 2019

2. Wrong title bar color in universal apps

Yeah, it was the first thing that I tried by myself Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App :) Do you know any other method of "reloading" styles for title bars? It seems like it struggles yo update changes. Whenever I change accent color or dark/light theme it stays the same. Strangely enough,
    it changes to the right color after reopening for each universal app, like Settings. It can change it's color to black for no reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vladislav Tochanenko, Mar 2, 2019
  3. tomseys Win User
    Accent color bug in 1809 and how to set title bar color manually

I made a related thread about this earlier asking about how to set the title bar color in the registry manually. I decided to make another thread on this to better describe the issue and also to give it a better thread title since I believe what I'm really asking is how to deal with a bug in 1809.

The bug is that unlike in versions 1803 and earlier, when you let windows 10 choose an accent color to color title bars (and start, action center and taskbar) in 1809, it colors title bars a much darker color than before. The color is much darker than what it shows in the example provided. See here:

Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App [​IMG]

Much darker:

So here is the problem/bug/change in more detail:

Ok, so, in Windows 10 version 1803 and earlier versions of Windows 10, if you choose a background (in this case the Windows 10 blue background) like this:

And select automatically pick an accent color from background:

The color of the title bars of folders, file explorer and Firefox (the menubar and tab bar) looks like this:

Firefox

The color is a light blue I believe #298FCC

The menu bar text on Firefox is black as is the text on tabs and the minimize close buttons etc.

The taskbar and and start etc have a darker blue and that is fine:

So this is the way it has always been as far back as I can recall.

But now, starting with version 1809, using the same settings above, the title bar color is no longer that shade of blue... it is much darker. See below for example:

Firefox

Notice the much darker shade of blue and the white text of the menu bar etc for example in Firefox.

The task bar, start etc appear to have the same or similar color in 1809 as in 1803, it is only the title bar coloring that has changed from a relatively light blue to a dark blue.

If i "customize" the accent color in an attempt to make the title bar color lighter like the way it is naturally in 1803, this throws the colors of the taskbar and start, action center off... it makes them lighter as well and it doesn't look good to me... poor contrast, especially the start area.

I could just use a theme for firefox but this still leaves other title bars dark blue and I'd rather not use a theme if possible since it changes loading behavior of FF slightly. I could also use a userchrome file to control colors on FF but I had issues with getting the menu bar text black like in 1803 and it again it does nothing for other title bars.

So I was looking at this SMACC tool but I'm having difficulties getting it to do what I want it to do ... which is to make title bars of Firefox and file explorer etc look like they do in 1803... that same lighter blue. I'm not concerned about task bar, start, action center etc because there are both as far as I can see colored the same/similarly in 1803 and 1809.

So I started by turning off accent color on title bars:

And then tried to set the blue color using the smacc tool but nothing I do sticks... I save to registry and log out and then in and nothing. The dark blue color remains. i think it may be because I just don't know what I'm doing so maybe someone who is familiar with this can makes suggestions on exactly how to use this tool to do what I want.. if it is possible.

Thanks for reading and any help. I may not answer for a bit... holiday stuff.

tomseys, Mar 2, 2019
  4. salexc79 Win User

Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App

Accent colors on Win32 and UWP apps on build 15046?

Hey Willy,

If you mean, if I select another theme color in Project 2010, then "sort of" - if I pick Black or Blue, the theme does change but the Windows accent color is still overlaid (as in the example above). This behaviour was not present on Build 15025.

If you mean, if I select another Windows accent color, then again "sort of" - the overlaid color in Project, and the window frame, does change color. BUT, deselecting the Title Bars option has no effect on this in Project. It *does* remove the Title Bar
    coloring in (for example) the OS Settings window (as per the screenshot above).

S.

salexc79, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App

1. Strange title bar buttons color in UWP App & weird Accent color changing in Settings App - Similar Threads - Strange title bar

2. Title Bars have lost accent color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Title Bars have lost accent color: I recently realized that my title bars no longer match the accent color of my taskbar and start menu. I've checked and double-checked the settings, clicking "Show accent color on title bars and windows borders." All that seems to affect is the windows borders now. I've even...
  3. Title Bars have lost accent color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Title Bars have lost accent color: I recently realized that my title bars no longer match the accent color of my taskbar and start menu. I've checked and double-checked the settings, clicking "Show accent color on title bars and windows borders." All that seems to affect is the windows borders now. I've even...
  4. Change app color background back to accent color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change app color background back to accent color: [ATTACH] I got the new app icons (mail, maps, calendar and others) but they are now all on a blue tile instead of the accent color I had picked How do I get the icons back on the red accent color?...
  5. Is it possible to set a title bar color without changing the whole accent color on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set a title bar color without changing the whole accent color on Windows 10?: [ATTACH] Well, I just hate the white title bar on the explorer windows, and I'm using the cobalt accent color (that accent color thing is one I hate too) also I dont like the cobalt (blue) colored title bars. I wonder if there is a way to color the title bars with whatever...
  6. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  7. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  8. Wrong title bar color in universal apps

Wrong title bar color in universal apps: I have a strange problem with the title bar colors in universal apps. It started to appear immediately after I reset my laptop with wiping Drive C. In other apps, like explorer and Chrome, everything is fine. I've reset my laptop one again to solve this problem, but nothing...
  9. Accent color bug in 1809 and how to set title bar color manually

Accent color bug in 1809 and how to set title bar color manually: I made a related thread about this earlier asking about how to set the title bar color in the registry manually. I decided to make another thread on this to better describe the issue and also to give it a better thread title since I believe what I'm really asking is how to...
  10. Title bar accent color won't change to default.

Title bar accent color won't change to default.: I've had this issue before, it never got resolved. I've tried stuff like: Navigate in regedit to DWM and set Color Prevalence to 0 (REG_DWORD), and Turn accent title colors off in settings, even did a system scan, updated my PC, checked for malware... None of that worked. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp apps title bar buttons accent color is dark