Windows 10: Strange title-display for Windows Security in menu and settings

Discus and support Strange title-display for Windows Security in menu and settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have just done a direct upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro (version 20H2) on a Lenovo T430 laptop. I'm still tweaking the setup to suit. While doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by br1anstorm, May 7, 2021.

1. Strange title-display for Windows Security in menu and settings

I have just done a direct upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro (version 20H2) on a Lenovo T430 laptop. I'm still tweaking the setup to suit. While doing so I have noticed that what I think should be the "Windows Security" or "Windows Defender" listings in both the Startup menu and in Settings show a very strange title or label consisting of a long string of explanatory text. Best explained by these screenshots... In Settings: And here is a screenshot showing what appears under "H" in the Win10 Start menu (sorry about the distracting forest-screen background). When I mouse over that menu entry the full long string of text appears: Why do these strings of text appear rather than a normal app or program title? What should the listing/headings say? And how do I get the correct titles to display?

:)

br1anstorm, May 7, 2021

2. changing size of title bars, menues, etc, in windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

With the information that you've provided, I understand that you wish to change the title bar, menus of File Explorer to bold, correct me if I'm wrong. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X key and select Control Panel.
    • Select Display.
    • Select the item that you wish to make bold from the drop down menu.
    • Check the box next to Bold and click on Apply.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 7, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, May 7, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Strange title-display for Windows Security in menu and settings

Question about IE 11?

1. Right click on the IE title ->Tick on Menu to display the Menu Bar under the title
    2. From the Menu: File->Import and Export -> from another browser -> select Chrome
    3. After step 2. Right click on the IE title again then select Favorites Bar

topgundcp, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Strange title-display for Windows Security in menu and settings

1. Strange title-display for Windows Security in menu and settings - Similar Threads - Strange title display

2. Windows Setting crashes on display menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setting crashes on display menu: Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't...
  3. Windows Setting crashes on display menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setting crashes on display menu: Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't...
  4. Windows Settings Incorrect Titles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings Incorrect Titles: Hello,I did windows update 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for arm64-based Systems KB5018496 today and my settings app is now showing as below, which is clearly incorrect as the titles are mostly incorrect I have windows insider programme Release...
  5. Windows Settings Incorrect Titles

Windows Settings Incorrect Titles: Hello,I did windows update 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for arm64-based Systems KB5018496 today and my settings app is now showing as below, which is clearly incorrect as the titles are mostly incorrect I have windows insider programme Release...
  6. title property not displaying in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    title property not displaying in windows 11: The "Title" metadata property is not displaying properly in Windows 11 file explorer. I have added a "Title" to many files, especially jpeg pictures. With my windows 10 computer all the titles show up and can be modified in the details pane. In Windows 11 I just see "add a...
  7. title property not displaying in windows 11

title property not displaying in windows 11: The "Title" metadata property is not displaying properly in Windows 11 file explorer. I have added a "Title" to many files, especially jpeg pictures. With my windows 10 computer all the titles show up and can be modified in the details pane. In Windows 11 I just see "add a...
  8. Windows Security Acting Strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Acting Strange: Running into a strange bug with Windows security that I haven't been able to figure out: I have Windows security active on my PC, nothing out of the ordinary there. With a recent update Windows security has been informing me when it blocks changes to the system. These blocks...
  9. JN THE WINDOWS SECURITY SETTING THERE IS AN OPTION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TITLED "FRESH...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JN THE WINDOWS SECURITY SETTING THERE IS AN OPTION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TITLED "FRESH...: IT CAN IMPROVE THE COMPUTER'S OPERATION BUT IT CAN ALSO REMOVE APPS AMONG OTHER THINGS. IS IT ADVISABLE TO USE THIS APPLICATION IF THERE IS NO SPECIFIC PROBLEM WITH THE COMPUTER?...
  10. Strange text in display settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange text in display settings.: [ATTACH] I see what looks like strange i18N text in my Display Settings....it doesn't show actual values just these odd texts. Anyone seen this before? After a quick search, I couldn't seem to find anyone with same issue....