Windows 10: Strange typing problem involving the UK layout "At" symbol and apostrophe.

Discus and support Strange typing problem involving the UK layout "At" symbol and apostrophe. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am asking here because i cant find a solution anywhere else aside from changing my keyboard to US layout, but for some reason, i cannot type the At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMarksmanHedgehog, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Strange typing problem involving the UK layout "At" symbol and apostrophe.

I am asking here because i cant find a solution anywhere else aside from changing my keyboard to US layout, but for some reason, i cannot type the At or apostrophe in windows, even using the on screen keyboard, unless i change my layout.

I have verified that this is not a dead key already, by physically testing the switch on my keyboard, and also binding the key to an alternate function, which worked, but i still cannot type the symbol.

submitted by /u/TheMarksmanHedgehog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMarksmanHedgehog, Jul 5, 2020

2. Computer Keeps Typing Apostrophe's

Hi, it types apostrophe's as soon as I turn on the computer. I can type another key, or press backspace to stop the Horde of apostrophe's, but when I let go, it starts again. My keyboard is a Logitech K60 with a Logitech M215 mouse. I couldn't find a model number sticker for this computer, but I know it's an HP laptop. T keyboard was working fine for a month, then this started happening. I cannot access my computer, because I need to log in with my Microsoft account to do that, which I can't because of this problem.

Masterofcards, Jul 5, 2020
  3. bull Win User
    Strange symbols apperaing in emails.

wtf The e tm symbol was 2 question marks and a with upside v above it when I copied and pasted the test email but then changed to e tm after I hit reply. Those strange symbols are taking place of my apostrophe's.
    Does this make sense?

bull, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Strange typing problem involving the UK layout "At" symbol and apostrophe.

UK keyboard layout at symbol key and grave key does not work

My at symbol key, inbetween the letter L and # key, and the grave key left of the number 1 key has stopped working. Im sure it is not a keyboard issue as, when i keep UK qwerty layout, even using the on-screen keyboard, those key inputs do not get registered.
    however when i switch to US qwerty the issue no longer exists and i am able to produce the at symbol with shift+2 and the quotation marks with what would have been the at symbol key on a UK qwerty layout.

KarsenPoon, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Strange typing problem involving the UK layout "At" symbol and apostrophe.

1. Strange typing problem involving the UK layout "At" symbol and apostrophe. - Similar Threads - Strange typing problem

2. cant type apostrophe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant type apostrophe: Hello I have a problem that I can't use the ' button on my keyboard, but I can use *. If I plug my keyboard into other PCs the button works. If I use the on-screen keyboard, it doesn't work either. I have it set to Danish, and a Danish keyboard, like the other computers. What...
  3. cant type apostrophe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant type apostrophe: Hello I have a problem that I can't use the ' button on my keyboard, but I can use *. If I plug my keyboard into other PCs the button works. If I use the on-screen keyboard, it doesn't work either. I have it set to Danish, and a Danish keyboard, like the other computers. What...
  4. Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout: Very simple issue, on UK layout the apostrophe key is very slow and needs to be held down for about a second before it starts putting out apostrophes. I know it isn't a hardware issue as on the US Layout, it doesn't take any time at all. How can I fix this?...
  5. Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout

Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout: Very simple issue, on UK layout the apostrophe key is very slow and needs to be held down for about a second before it starts putting out apostrophes. I know it isn't a hardware issue as on the US Layout, it doesn't take any time at all. How can I fix this?...
  6. Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?: I recently got a new keyboard. Im in the UK and its a US layout keyboard so I tried experimenting with the US layout to see how comfortable it was but I didnt like it so I uninstalled the US layout pack but now, for whatever reason, the apostrophe key doesnt work. When I...
  7. Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?

Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?: I recently got a new keyboard. Im in the UK and its a US layout keyboard so I tried experimenting with the US layout to see how comfortable it was but I didnt like it so I uninstalled the US layout pack but now, for whatever reason, the apostrophe key doesnt work. When I...
  8. Strange symbol

Strange symbol: Hey there, I noticed a strange symbol in my files today. Does anyone know what this is and if I have to worry at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-symbol/ae24bd6e-45c6-49b9-8016-92a68bc83b78
  9. UK layout keyboards unable to type single quotes or at symbols. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UK layout keyboards unable to type single quotes or at symbols. Please help.: This applies to both my actual keyboard, AND the on screen keyboard, neither can type either symbol so long as the keyboard layout is set as such, but if i set my keyboard to a US layout, it works Running daily with the US layout is not an option for me, and it did work at...
  10. UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK keyboard layout: Cannot change keyboard to UK . Instructions incomplete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/uk-keyboard-layout/d6329e7f-49be-4dce-b00d-041aaf9c7e36