Windows 10: Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

Discus and support Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NM28734, Nov 22, 2018.

1. NM28734 Win User

Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks before and am unable to find any information regarding them only and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they are, they are the following:

svchost.exe Service Host: WpnUserService_22d78​

WpnUserService_22d78 ​

svchost.exe Service Host: CDPUserSvc_22c67​

CDPUserSvc_22c67​

I have not seen the identifying code 22c67 linked to anything before. Despite these being under the windows processes tab ending the task does not affect my computer or cause it to become unstable or shut down, I have to shut them down several times to remove them from my task manager, they start up when my PC starts up and I have all start up processes disabled from Task Manager.

They are not present in safe mode task manager and I have run a Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and the Microsoft Safety Scanner both for full scans in Safe Mode and no threats were found.

Any ideas as to what these programs are, or if there are any other suspicious items in my Task Manager? (Please see picture below):

P.S no idea why I have several Network Restricted and No Network processes as I am connected to a network fine. How would I get rid of these processes?

Thank You for your help!
    Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! efe502b1-dc4c-4d78-86e2-b371e62fb4e2?upload=true.jpg Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! 24538f27-5d8e-4607-bf5f-cd0c940c77ca?upload=true.jpg Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! 17d5d8d2-8c32-4199-85c9-0433a6e12876?upload=true.jpg Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! c8c68bb7-60aa-4487-83de-dd34e0ddd0a9?upload=true.jpg Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! a303e654-22f1-41e5-be13-0d7dbfb157c3?upload=true.jpg

:)

NM28734, Nov 22, 2018

2. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just curious as to what I can do to remove this program. Thanks for any info I can get on this.

Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! [​IMG]

Paliser326, Nov 22, 2018
  3. z10556 Win User
    Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

running programs in task manager

We've had lots of problems since the Windows 10 upgrade. Reinstalled W10 and still the start menu disappeared after 2 weeks. Then upgrading to the anniversary version restored missing start menu, but I'm not holding breath on that one. I've now arranged
    shortcuts to make my own start menu right on the desktop just in case. However, these are the current problems:

• Task manager won't run programs. If I type in a program to run, all I get is a message saying "Windows does not recognize (name of program)" It does this for everything.
    • Photoshop Version 7 will not open since anniversary upgrade. (Click on icon -in start menu, on shortcut, on task bar, in task manager...anywhere-and zero happens) & folders looks empty if viewed in task manager. It worked fine before the latest upgrade.
      However, if I go into the OS programs, the files are all still there. It's still in the start menu. I have tried everything including right clicking and running as administrator. Photoshop works fine on another old laptop with previous Windows 10 version installed
      from online upgrade.
    • Photoshop won't even load onto son's brand new laptop which has the same Windows 10 version as old laptop.
    • Ditto Photoshop Premier Elements 7.0
    • Contact support app does not open-it just pops up and then disappears. I'd like to get rid of it but there is no uninstall.
    • Cortana... oh, what can I say? Big waste of time and space? It does not work and I would like to get rid of it.

Greyhairedoldlady, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

1. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!! - Similar Threads - Strange Unknown Programs

2. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER: Hello, today i was looking through task manager as usual to see if i find any unfamiliar tasks or programs running. I came to meet this stranger services runningpkease find below, images attached. I wanted to know if these are threats or viruses. Thanks!...
  3. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER: Hello, today i was looking through task manager as usual to see if i find any unfamiliar tasks or programs running. I came to meet this stranger services runningpkease find below, images attached. I wanted to know if these are threats or viruses. Thanks!...
  4. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5: Hey I have a question on a application running in the background. Its called search and the logo looks like a X inside a red box. Does anyone know if this is malware or something. I cant end it and I cant see its file location, and Windows 11 Microsoft defender doesn't find...
  6. Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5

Unknown Application running in task manager Search 5: Hey I have a question on a application running in the background. Its called search and the logo looks like a X inside a red box. Does anyone know if this is malware or something. I cant end it and I cant see its file location, and Windows 11 Microsoft defender doesn't find...
  7. Unknown Programs in Windows Setting but not in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown Programs in Windows Setting but not in Task Manager: Hello, A few days ago, I discovered a line in the Windows Settings->Startup Apps page for a program that doesn't seem to show up anywhere else, like in Task Manager or Autoruns. The item disappears from the screen with each refresh and usually reappears an hour or two later....
  8. What is this: "Program" running in task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this: "Program" running in task Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PsychedelicPistachio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en91f0/what_is_this/
  9. Strange "wirless" program in Startup on Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange "wirless" program in Startup on Task Manager?: Hi guys so this problem is difficult to search for because I just get a lot of typo'd searches or autocorrect for wireless. Anyway I was in my Startup tab to disable a program I just got when I noticed a weird entry. It is simply called Wirless, no icon, and I can't open it's...
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...