Windows 10: Strange update error message

Discus and support Strange update error message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was receiving updates with no problems up until about an hour ago 10:45 Central Daylight Time I took a screen shot and it's below. I don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hizhonor De Mayor, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Strange update error message

I was receiving updates with no problems up until about an hour ago 10:45 Central Daylight Time I took a screen shot and it's below. I don't know what updates are missing. Any help is appreciated!

:)

Hizhonor De Mayor, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Hanabishi Win User

Strange 2.9.0 error message

When launching 2.9.0 strange error message appears:

Strange update error message screen1-png.png

But program seems to work.

And also "DirectCompute" status differs from 2.8.0. (2.8.0 launches normally without any messages.)

Strange update error message screen2-png.png

Strange update error message screen3-png.png

Hanabishi, Aug 18, 2022
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Strange update error message

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Strange update error message

1. Strange update error message - Similar Threads - Strange update error

2. iCloud for Windows - strange error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud for Windows - strange error message: I today installed Office 2021 with Outlook 2021. After, I installed iCloud for windows from Microsoft Store. After installing, I logged on with iCloud and after selecting what to synchronize, I get this strage error message: don't worry the screenshot shows german language -...
  3. iCloud for Windows - strange error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud for Windows - strange error message: I today installed Office 2021 with Outlook 2021. After, I installed iCloud for windows from Microsoft Store. After installing, I logged on with iCloud and after selecting what to synchronize, I get this strage error message: don't worry the screenshot shows german language -...
  4. iCloud for Windows - strange error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Strange update error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange update error message: I was receiving updates with no problems up until about an hour ago 10:45 Central Daylight Time I took a screen shot and it's below. I don't know what updates are missing. Any help is appreciated!...
  6. Strange update error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange update error message: I was receiving updates with no problems up until about an hour ago 10:45 Central Daylight Time I took a screen shot and it's below. I don't know what updates are missing. Any help is appreciated!...
  7. Strange message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange message: Hi, When I open windows 10 version 2004. It take too long time to open. Before update It was fast only 3 minutes or less. Now, It takes 10 minutes or more! Also I see discoverd message then that strange message [ATTACH] I tried sfc scan but same problem Not every...
  8. Strange message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange message: Every few weeks this message pops up on my screen. It locks up my system and I'm not able to do anything else, except click one of it's buttons. It looks suspicions so I just power down my computer which is running Windows 10. When I start the computer up again everything is...
  9. strange backup error message

strange backup error message: Hi I am using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) utility for my backups and it keeps skipping two files: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Pictures These files do not exist. So why is it looking for them? Should...
  10. Strange update message and windows hangs

Strange update message and windows hangs: Left the office and when I returned a desktop PC was showing a message which I’ve never seen before. First it says ‘Hi’ in white on a black background. Then it says ‘We have some updates for you’. Then it changes to a blue screen with the ‘Don’t shut down .....’ message....