Windows 10: strange update

Discus and support strange update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It looks like we are being forced to have updates which would not otherwise have been chosen. I am currently being offered "fbl_awesome 1501 9933... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tinmar49, Jan 29, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

strange update

It looks like we are being forced to have updates which would not otherwise have been chosen. I am currently being offered "fbl_awesome 1501 9933 professional", with no explanation as to what it is. This new build (9926) has lost the update option via control panel.

:)

tinmar49, Jan 29, 2015
  2. ako_n82 Win User

Strange Update

I know that, but as said it looks a little strange!

ako_n82, Jan 29, 2015
  3. hole---01 Win User
    Strange Update

If it says 30.0.019 when you press *#0000# it's updated.

As simple as that strange update :)

hole---01, Jan 29, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User

strange update

By design the Windows Update has been moved from the Control Panel and only available in PC Settings.
    That update 9933 is in error and will error out if you try to install it. It was meant for internal use and MS screwed it up. They are working on a patch so you won't be offered that version again.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jan 30, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    That 9933 has been on both of my W10 pc's, I was unable to separate updates as on older builds or older Windows versions.

tinmar49, Jan 30, 2015
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    One of the pc's is still trying and failing to download that program.

tinmar49, Jan 30, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I found this a few days ago:

strange update [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 30, 2015
  8. tinmar49 Win User

strange update

I have just switched on the clean install and looking at the list of updates in progress there is another "FBL_AWESOME1501 9935 Professional", note this is now 9935, before it was 9933. (2 Feb)

tinmar49, Feb 1, 2015
  9. tinmar49 Win User
    The updates in progress have been at 0% for 20 minutes so far. If I then go to "advanced options, the box at the bottom has that "fbl awesome----" in it.

tinmar49, Feb 1, 2015
  10. WightWalker, Feb 1, 2015
  11. tinmar49 Win User
    By coincidence, I had just found the other set of posts in General Discussion.

tinmar49, Feb 1, 2015
  12. This is going to sound silly but i found a fix for this error that i have been having in Windows Update.
    Here's what to do to fix the error.

1. Open the registry editor and navigate to the following path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability
    2. Locate BranchName and make sure it shows: FBL_AWESOME1501. If it doesn't change it.

3. Locate ThresholdRiskLevel and change it to: Low
    4. Find ThresholdInternal and delete it
    5. Find ThresholdOptedIn and delete it

Once you make this change and force Windows Update to check again, your installation of Windows 10 9926 will show no new builds. Basicaly by doing the steps above you will have rolled back to just before updating and getting Error 0x80246017. Good Luck.
    *Biggrin*Thumbs

Chrissie4224, Feb 2, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

strange update

Actually, the patch Microsoft sent down last night is what fixed this problem.

Mystere, Feb 4, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    It's KB3036140

BunnyJ, Feb 4, 2015
  15. ThrashZone, Feb 5, 2015
Thema:

strange update

1. strange update - Similar Threads - strange update

2. Strange persistent Windows 11 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange persistent Windows 11 update issue: Hi hi, happy new year to you all.I have a very weird Windows update issue on Win 11 22H2 Build 22621.2861There is a Windows Configuration Update stuck in a "Pending restart" phase. This has been here for around 2 months or so and I have been trying over the past 2 months to...
  3. Strange persistent Windows 11 update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange persistent Windows 11 update issue: Hi hi, happy new year to you all.I have a very weird Windows update issue on Win 11 22H2 Build 22621.2861There is a Windows Configuration Update stuck in a "Pending restart" phase. This has been here for around 2 months or so and I have been trying over the past 2 months to...
  4. The search window is behaving strangely after installing kb5032288 update for windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search window is behaving strangely after installing kb5032288 update for windows 11.: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/18f7sbq/windows_search_bar_behaves_strangely_after_update/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-window-is-behaving-strangely-after/55e2ed2e-de5d-4e04-84b7-8d6f0b1c28b4
  5. The search window is behaving strangely after installing kb5032288 update for windows 11.

The search window is behaving strangely after installing kb5032288 update for windows 11.: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/18f7sbq/windows_search_bar_behaves_strangely_after_update/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-window-is-behaving-strangely-after/55e2ed2e-de5d-4e04-84b7-8d6f0b1c28b4
  6. Strange Question About .NET Updates, Any Help and Willingness to Read Appreciated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Question About .NET Updates, Any Help and Willingness to Read Appreciated: so normally, as you know, when you install Windows Updates that require a restart, it boots up and places you in a blue screen with the words "Working on Updates", or "Updating Windows" I know general Cumulative Updates will do this and go through this screen, but do .NET...
  7. Strange Question About .NET Updates, Any Help and Willingness to Read Appreciated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Question About .NET Updates, Any Help and Willingness to Read Appreciated: so normally, as you know, when you install Windows Updates that require a restart, it boots up and places you in a blue screen with the words "Working on Updates", or "Updating Windows" I know general Cumulative Updates will do this and go through this screen, but do .NET...
  8. Strange Question About .NET Updates, Any Help and Willingness to Read Appreciated

9. Strange Internet behavior after I think an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Internet behavior after I think an update: Hi,I'm having some problems with my network, to start of, I have searched and read a lot of threads with similar problems but none resolved my issue.So, I launch my browser, everything works fine for about a minute or so, then it becomes so slow or straight out non available...
  10. Strange Internet behavior after I think an update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Internet behavior after I think an update: Hi,I'm having some problems with my network, to start of, I have searched and read a lot of threads with similar problems but none resolved my issue.So, I launch my browser, everything works fine for about a minute or so, then it becomes so slow or straight out non available...