Windows 10: Strange usage of migrated disk

Discus and support Strange usage of migrated disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have laptop with 1TB Toshiba HDD, where was system and data partition. I was cloned system partition to SSD and now system is running from C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yard, Dec 27, 2019.

1. yard Win User

Strange usage of migrated disk

Hi,

I have laptop with 1TB Toshiba HDD, where was system and data partition. I was cloned system partition to SSD and now system is running from C:

Old system disk have now letter J:

Strange is, that Windows still using some folders on old system partition. I can´t delete some files from old system partition.
    But system paths and all programs are set to working from c: (new ssd system partition)

When I try delete some folders from J: then system repair is need at laptop start

Is possible that boot manager is still located on old system drive ? Or how can I investigate, why some files still are created on old system disk?

Strange usage of migrated disk [​IMG]

Strange usage of migrated disk [​IMG]

:)

2. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Glenn, we would like to check if you are still experiencing a high disk usage on your end, if yes, we would like to ask if you can try to follow the steps below for as a workaround:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings
    • Select System
    • Select Notification & actions
    • Then turn off all notification and check if disk usage would still get a high usage.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 27, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Hard drive migration problem: Windows gave a strange name to my HD

1. Is there important data on this Hitachi disk ?
    2. Is it recognized in the BIOS ?
    3. If the answer to #1 is NO and #2 is YES go to step #4
    4. Open Admin Command and type:
      diskpart
      list disk ======> Make a note on disk # of the Hitachi disk
      select disk # =====> # found from above command
      clean
      exit.

If the answer is NO from step #2 above. Take the Hitachi disk out of the enclosure, open the case and connect directly to one of the sata port and reboot.

topgundcp, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange usage of migrated disk - Similar Threads - Strange usage migrated

2. Disk usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk usage: Hi There, This Is Sami And It Has Been Around 6 Or 7 Month's That I'm Messing With This 100% Disk Usage And I Literally Did Everything To come Up With It's Fix In Sites! Searching About It, Doing Hundreds Of Things On My Laptop, Though None Of Them Worked And I Even Faced...
  3. Disk usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk usage: Laptop is not shut down overnight - when starting up in the morning Disk usage shows 98 to 100 % usage - lasts for approx. 10 min then back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage/89ec816c-cb1e-4ba8-b2b8-4061a6bc683b
  4. Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage: My windows version is 20H2. Hope that the screenshot is clear now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage/0f6d58a0-be3c-4c48-ac4b-be72c205bcd0
  5. Disk usage

Disk usage: Hello! Currently, my pc is experiencing high disk usage. I don't know what's causing it. I tried many command scans like"sfc /scannow", "DISM scans", "chkdsk" and also installed a software named Crystal Disk Info to check my disk health. Every report seems good to me but...
  6. Disk usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk usage: hello anyone who answer this so i been having a problem with one of my HDD for about a month now where it would have %100 disk usage spike for a solid 10 to 15 secs at random moments with in a time spam of like 5mins to 6. with in that time it will spike. i have tried defrag,...
  7. Strange Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Data Usage: Recently I have been reaching my data limit for internet usage even though there is really no reason I should be doing so. According to my data usage logs, the system is using 600GB per month. I added up all of my updates over the last 30 days and it isn't anywhere near the...
  8. Strange Data Usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Data Usage: Recently I have been reaching my data limit for internet usage even though there is really no reason I should be doing so. According to my data usage logs, the system is using 600GB per month. I added up all of my updates over the last 30 days and it isn't anywhere near the...
  9. disk Usage

disk Usage: its always stuck at 100%. Is there an app to help reduce disk usage or ways I can reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage/7c5ba55b-24e4-4f9c-8515-d08ad48d20eb
  10. Strange usage of migrated disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange usage of migrated disk: Hi, I have laptop with 1TB Toshiba HDD, where was system and data partition. I was cloned system partition to SSD and now system is running from C: Old system disk have now letter J: Strange is, that Windows still using some folders on old system partition. I can´t delete...