Windows 10: Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files"

Discus and support Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there,last night my wife noticed a strange folder + file names had appeared under the "recently used files" section of windows 10 on her desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adam-Paynter, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files"

Hi there,last night my wife noticed a strange folder + file names had appeared under the "recently used files" section of windows 10 on her desktop PC.she said she'd never seen them before and had no idea where they came fromlooked at their properties and they were all located on "G:\", which means they were on a USB drive that was connected to the computerwhen trying to access or delete them we got the error message "location not found" so the USB is no longer in the computer we double checked every portwe don't think anyone in our house could have been using her machine - our son is only 8

:)

Adam-Paynter, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Summer203 Win User

File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

When I right-click Word or Excel in my Windows 10 taskbar, a list of recent folders appears. But when I right-click File Explorer, only Pinned and Frequent folders appear. Neither of these is as useful to me as the Recent folders. Any suggestions on how
    I can get Recent folders to appear?

Thank you.

Summer203, Jul 30, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 30, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files"

Strange USB-Drive Icons

Hi, I've not looked into this at all, but looking at that folder the one that appears to contain the strange icon is
    f4e323bf-0f31-42b6-9ad6-5d5382d3fa83
    - I don't have one called 797289b8-812a-4d9e-bda5-91567fd47bc6

Would I be correct in thinking that this ico file is the clue as to which to delete?

Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files" [​IMG]

And thanks- having deleted the folder it did indeed prove necessary to use Driver Booster as described. Problem solved- for now...

dalchina, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files"

1. Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files" - Similar Threads - Strange USB folder

2. Personal files I have not accessed appear in my "recent files" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal files I have not accessed appear in my "recent files" folder.: I am seeing new files from my OneDrive appear in my "recent files" view that I have not accessed. They appear with a time stamp corrolating to the time I open my home folder....
  3. Personal files I have not accessed appear in my "recent files" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal files I have not accessed appear in my "recent files" folder.: I am seeing new files from my OneDrive appear in my "recent files" view that I have not accessed. They appear with a time stamp corrolating to the time I open my home folder....
  4. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  5. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  6. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. STRANGE FOLDER AND FILES

STRANGE FOLDER AND FILES: Today the Action Center on my PC advised me that my computer was running low on disk space. I found a folder on the C Drive named ”99p~5Xi4`}WiqJpb7_” that used up 464GB of space and contained 2343 Files. I have no idea what these files are about and am unable to read them....
  8. Strange files in the temporary folder?

Strange files in the temporary folder?: When I had just saved a file, I noticed an extremely large number of strange files in the Temporary File folder. They all have only one strange number/character combination and often no content at all. Many of them were also called mat-Debug and then a number. What is that?...
  9. Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop: Hi folks - I sometimes look at my main production system and notice that every so often this folder appears on my desktop: [img] The solution is to delete the empty folder, but I sense that since the title is in hex, it might be from the registry. Seems encrypted. Has...
  10. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...