Windows 10: Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep

Discus and support Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Have a USB mouse plugged into a USB 2 port on my PC's back panel. For years I've I've awakened the PC from sleep using a mouse click. Several days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pokeefe0001, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep

I Have a USB mouse plugged into a USB 2 port on my PC's back panel. For years I've I've awakened the PC from sleep using a mouse click. Several days ago I replaced a USB 2 hub (plugged into another USB 2 port on the back panel) with a USB 3 hub plugged into a USB 3 port on the back panel. Suddenly the mouse could no longer waken the PC even though the mouse did not use the hub. The mouse, including the buttons, still worked. It just wouldn't wake the PC. Device manager showed that "Allow this device to wake the computer" was still selected. After switching back to the USB 2 hub the mouse would again wake the PC.

I'm not sure how much (if any) of the following information is pertinent.
    • The mouse is a Logitech M-U0007 using the vanilla Microsoft HID-complaint mouse driver (10.0.18362.1). I am not using the Logitech SetPoint driver.
    • The PC has an old ASUS Z-87A MB.
    • None of the devices plugged into the USB hub actually need USB 3 support: a keybord (with an integrated USB hub), a USB connection to a UPS box, sometimes an i-lock dongle.
    • I'm running Win 10 1909 - build 18363.592.
    Any idea what might be causing this behavior?

BTW, I'd plug the the USB 3 hub back in (without removing the USB 2 hub) and test this again but I'm in the middle of an hours-long backup and don't want to put the PC to sleep right now.

:)

pokeefe0001, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Onibot Win User

Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I went into my BIOS and neither "MSI Fast Boot" or "Fast Boot" were enabled. I took a few pictures of the BIOS config and of the power-related options, and attached them below.

Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep [​IMG]

Onibot, Feb 21, 2020
  3. User919 Win User
    Keyboard inconsistent behavior upon wake from sleep using it to

Symptoms

• PC will not wake up using keyboard.
    • Keyboard flashes upon key press in sleep.
    • Keyboard starts lighting upon key press in sleep.
    • This occurs only if PC is in sleep for a longer time.

Details

As far as I remember on my previous PC was quite common that PC did not wake up from sleep using keyboard key pressure. In that case mouse click worked perfectly all the time. I did not consider that such an issue that time.

Now I have new computer with new keyboard that has RGB lights. I observe the same behavior as on previous one – after long sleep, PC is unwakeable using keyboard. Keyboard is RGB and it performs some magic upon failed wake. I suppose I would have been observing
    the same magic on old PC if I have had RGB keyboard that time. Now this issue comes displeasant beyond reasonable limit.

Is there any solution? What should be cause of this?

More details

Keyboard and mouse are both USB cable device. On the other hand old PC keyboard and mouse are one wireless USB set. In both cases mouse works all the time while keyboard not.

User919, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep

Mouse not responding after pc wakes from sleep.

My mouse is not responding after my pc wakes fom sleep mode. The only way I can get it to work again is to unplug it and plug it back in again. I have tried switching usb ports, but no difference. Any suggestions?

Adel or WayneSteinhardt, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep

1. Strange USB mouse behavior - wake PC from sleep - Similar Threads - Strange USB mouse

2. Strange behaviour after waking the PC from sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behaviour after waking the PC from sleep...: Hi If I allow the PC to go to sleep then I wake it up, it simply carries on where it left off i.e. it reopens the programs/windows etc. BUT for some reason where I have the icons pinned to the taskbar and I've opened/run some of them before sleep they don't all reappear. I'm...
  3. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  4. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep: Hi. I Have a Lenovo Legion laptop thats in ok condition, despite a missing keycap that still has functionality. I disabled my keyboard drivers because of some external factors, but reinstalled them latest ver and they've been working fine.However, an issue that i never had...
  5. PC Behavior After Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Strange behavior - Will no longer wake from sleep after reinstall of Windows 10

Strange behavior - Will no longer wake from sleep after reinstall of Windows 10: Hi All,Just switched to new SSD for system drive and did a fresh reinstall of Win10 Home. Now when trying to wake from sleep it won't wake like it used to and I have strange behavior. After putting system to sleep Start > Power > Sleep the system goes to sleep. Then when I...
  7. Windows has strange behavior when waking up from sleep mode

Windows has strange behavior when waking up from sleep mode: So yesterday I got a new laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad 5 15IIL05 and I absolutely love the thing. So far I have had no issues except for one thing, whenever it wakes up from sleep mode it starts having weird behavior. Taskbar icons disappear, task manager doesn't work, most...
  8. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...
  9. Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Problems - Strange wake up behaviors: So I have recently installed a new motherboard (and fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64) and have been having strange sleep behavior since. My computer is set to go to sleep after 1hr and my keyboard/mouse fail to wake the computer back up and seem to be not receiving power...
  10. Strange behavior after waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior after waking from hibernate: Lately my computer has been doing strange things after waking from hibernate. The first time 2 days ago after waking from hibernate my monitor did not wake up and just remained a black screen, yet after i restarted the computer it acted as if i had just woken it and the...