Windows 10: Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

Discus and support Strange usb stick/keyboard issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 version 1902 build 18362.657 my pc has 2 usb 3.0 ports in the front the first usb port has my usb keyboard plugged in, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by camilostatis, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

I'm running windows 10 version 1902 build 18362.657

my pc has 2 usb 3.0 ports in the front

the first usb port has my usb keyboard plugged in, the second one, I use for usb sticks

I have 2 usb sticks, one of them, when plugged in has no issues

the other usb stick, when plugged in, makes my usb keyboard stop working. IT ONLY happens with this particular usb stick

when the usb stick is plugged in the back of the pc, the keyboard works fine. The keyboard only stops working when this particular usb stick is plugged beside the keyboard at the front on the usb 3.0 port.

I tried various formats, exfat, fat32, ntfs, but I still get the same issue

The attached photo shows the top usb stick which works with no issues, and the bottom usb stick, which stops the keyboard from working

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time

:)

camilostatis, Mar 16, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 16, 2020
  3. vallero Win User
    USB memory stick issues

I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB.
    When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it.
    The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem
    The USB port in my PC is fine because I can use it to read/write to any other USB
    In my PC when I run the Disc Management app the USB appears and is listed as working properly
    In Device Manager the USB is listed as ‘working properly’ and when I search for new drivers Windows reports that I have the most current driver.
    With the PC if I attempt to format it after a long time a dialog display appears that says that Windows is unable to format it. In my laptop I can format it with no issues.
    Can somebody tell me what is going on.
    Thanks in advance

vallero, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

External USB Keyboard Glitches & Hibernate Issue

Hi Aman,

Usually, a corrupted power plan can cause strange issues with power and sleep settings. If you are using a custom power plan which you have created, delete it and use one of the built-in standard power plans. See if it resolves the issue. If
    the issue persists, the problem could be related to the display drivers. We suggest installing the latest version of the display drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Regarding the issue with your external keyboard, have you tried to isolate the issue by using a different keyboard? Also, have you tried running the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If you haven't done so, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

1. Strange usb stick/keyboard issue - Similar Threads - Strange usb stick

2. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange keyboard issue: Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though...
  3. Strange Login Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Login Keyboard Issue: Not sure where I should post this but I'm really confused. Earlier I restarted to update Windows10 and it got stuck at 90% for around 2 hours. I reluctantly restarted my computer during the update. When it booted up everything was fine after it said it was reverting the...
  4. USB Memory Stick Issues

USB Memory Stick Issues: After a recent Microsoft Windows 10 update on my Surface Pro, my USB Memory Stick started to repeatedly disconnect and reconnect. The update was 2020-01 Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4497165. I tried it on my second laptop, with the same update, and the same thing...
  5. usb stick for boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick for boot issue: Hi, I want to build an usb stick for boot, to install Windows 10 Pro on an Acer 515-55 laptop. I purchased an electronic license, so I have to build my own stick. Bios needs FAT32 format stick, and ISO file provided by Microsoft on download is like 5 GB [it has...
  6. Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick

Strange behaviour with SanDisk USB Stick: My SanDisk usb 3.0 stick for some reason doesn't open correctly I insert it into a USB 3 port on the PC and nothing happens Using file explorer,open D: internal drive,click on explorer on left side of Window G: USB and the search engine searches D: when it ends the SanDisk...
  7. Strange keyboard layout issue

Strange keyboard layout issue: Hey, I'm German, so of course I want to use the german QWERTZ keyset in Windows 10. Everythings works fine besides one key - this is the "ö" key. When I set the keyboard layout to DE-DE this key does nothing, if I change the layout to for example switzerland german or EN-EN...
  8. USB memory stick issues

USB memory stick issues: I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB. When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it. The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem The USB port in my PC...
  9. USB memory stick issues

in Windows 10 Support
    USB memory stick issues: I have a very strange problem with a Lexar 128GB USB. When I plug it into my PC (windows 10 pro) it shows up in File Explorer and I can copy files from it but I cannot write to it. The USB stick works perfectly in my laptop, ie read/write with no problem The USB port in my PC...
  10. Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting USB stick/usb hdd issues: [img] help how do i fix this problem. it's been a real problem for the past 3 weeks. 112838