Windows 10: Strange user after updating.

Discus and support Strange user after updating. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with my pc after installing an update, when I finished installing it, I could not find any of my files, then a friend of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shima_13, Apr 21, 2021.

1. shima_13 Win User

Strange user after updating.

Hello, I am having a problem with my pc after installing an update, when I finished installing it, I could not find any of my files, then a friend of mine advised me to check my users list, I found there to be 4 users, 3 of which I had no idea existed and found that all my files are stored in a user called Shima which is my name and the only user on this pc that I know of. I will attach a photo of all 4 users at the end of this post. Anyhow, I can see the files now but I dont want to just be able to access them when I click the user name, I want to be able to run my pc normally like I did before the update, I tried restarting and it still took me back to this weird empty user that I do not want to use. How can I use my own user? please note that when I restarted my pc there was an option to log into only one user Shima, my user that I want to use. I click it as usual but when I sign in I do not recognize the desktop that appears, I recognize the applications which I assume are the apps on my personal user but I dont find my files unless I go to :C > users > shima

I will also attach a photo of the updates list.Strange user after updating. [​IMG]Strange user after updating. [​IMG]Strange user after updating. [​IMG]

:)

shima_13, Apr 21, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 21, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Strange user after updating. - Similar Threads - Strange user updating

2. User Folder Strange Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Strange Icons: Hey guys last week I reboot my laptop after one there is two Icons starting shows up my user folder and they are empty nothing in it I'm deleting these two folder every time but when i shut down or restart the pc they will came back how can i delete ? them or anyone know...
  3. User Folder Strange Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Folder Strange Icons: Hey guys last week I reboot my laptop after one there is two Icons starting shows up my user folder and they are empty nothing in it I'm deleting these two folder every time but when i shut down or restart the pc they will came back how can i delete ? them or anyone know...
  4. strange user issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    strange user issues: Ever since obtaining my current laptop running Windows 10 I've had frequent issues with certain operations such as trying to delete, move or rename a file. I get an error message saying I need administrator permission. Yet when I check under settings-->accounts it shows me...
  5. Strange user desktop issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange user desktop issue: so i just reinstalled windows on a computer, starting as new. At first I signed into Microsoft to make account 'hiruk', but wanted to have only a local account "Allayna". Now I supposedly am signing into Allayna, but I still see hiruk as a user in the C drive, and am seeing...
  6. Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ: So this is strange and I am looking for any answers. I have Windows 10 64-bit Pro and I have two of them; wife and mine Now I am chasing another issue, but that's how I came across this. In netplwiz on my wife's system she only has one entry and it is her user. On mine...
  7. Strange BSOD after the Creators Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange BSOD after the Creators Update: Hello friends! Well, let's get to the point immediately. The first thing that happened after the update was the appearance of a strange BSOD with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and related to the file ntoskrnl.exe. This error always followed the same pattern: it...
  8. Strange Admin User (JJAUBEE)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange Admin User (JJAUBEE): So i'm looking at my C: and there is a strange user called "JJAUBEE" and my username is , is it something to be worried about, I must say I'm kinda paranoid. [img] 48179
  9. Strange sluggish performance after update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange sluggish performance after update.: After the last major Windows update, I've started to experience abrnomally slow response for several basic Windows actions. The system will hang there for 5-10 or even 30+ seconds before the action is performed. Here are some examples: Clicking to highlight a file, folder,...
  10. Strange issues after Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issues after Anniversary Update.: Greetings! My Anniversary Update went fine without any hitches...or so I thought. After the update I noticed some weird stuff happenning. - Dialog boxes/windows would only show and outline...then after a while I'd see the text or icons in the window. - Text editing in...