Windows 10: Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60

Discus and support Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a landline call from my brother stating that he had an issue with audio on Skype. I called him on Skype and we could see each other, I could hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scopio, Jun 28, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60

I had a landline call from my brother stating that he had an issue with audio on Skype. I called him on Skype and we could see each other, I could hear him but he could not hear me. I solved the audio for him as he had the wrong audio device enabled so I enabled the right audio device for him and the audio issue was resolved.
    The issue I have now with my version of Skype is that my contacts cannot see me although I can see them and my camera is working.
    All of a sudden I can see and hear my contacts BUT my contacts can hear me BUT cannot see me. So something has changed in that when I make a video call my contacts can hear me BUT cannot see me although I can hear and see them as I have tried it with two different contacts!
    My camera (Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000) is working as I can see myself on the small screen on the right top corner of the Skype screen BUT it seems that the video is not being transmitted by Skype!!!

Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60 [​IMG]
    Settings>Privacy>Camera

Shows my contact screen and at the top that my camera is working*cry

On my screen there is a message that my speakers muted BUT it is not as my contacts can hear me and I can hear them!! Not bothered about this as long as it is a false message!
    So why do my contacts can not see me on a video call?? *Think*Think

:)

scopio, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Rado D Win User

Skype video problem

Hi folks I have this strange video calls behavior during skype calls.I decided to add this in general software,cos Im suspecting its a software issue..
    My problem is fallowing:
    when I start a video call with someone,this is what I see:

Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60 skype%20video%20problem.png

Strangely,they see me perfectly on the other side and I also see myself perfectly in the little window that shows your own video.the image I've inserted is taken from my video options as you can see,but the callers video is deformed the same way as you can see in the screenshot.
    I've tried everything I possibly could to try to fix this problem,but so far no luck.drivers up to date,skype up to date.this started to happen all of sudden so I've tried to reinstall the skype to the version with which it worked last time,but no luck.any idea guys?

EDIT:as you can see that even the screenie is from my own video options as I've mentioned,its clear from it that the second stripe from the botton is from the callers video,precisely its my mom *Smile Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60 :) so its something with skype perhaps?cos the videos get mixed up like this in my video option,where I should see only myself..

Rado D, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Skype issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Make sure your hardware and drivers are compatible with Windows 10
    • I suggest you to update the video drivers and check if it helps.
    • And also try to download the latest version of Skype.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2019
  4. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange Video issue with Skype Version 8.46.0.60 - Similar Threads - Strange Video issue

2. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype Video: Hello I Was Trying To Skype My Friend And I Can See Him But He Couldn't See Me .When I Checked Settings It's Says No Video Found .How Can I Fix That ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video/5bbce94f-7ae8-4c12-8bdf-397c6f3d6632
  3. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Video: Hello I Was Trying To Skype My Friend And I Can See Him But He Couldn't See Me .When I Checked Settings It's Says No Video Found .How Can I Fix That ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video/5bbce94f-7ae8-4c12-8bdf-397c6f3d6632
  4. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Skype's strange behaviour

Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  6. Facebook video & Skype video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook video & Skype video: I'm having weird problems using Facebook Video, Google Video & Skype Video. If I try either of these between two computers here, the video picture will come up on one but not the other. When we skyped someone from away recently, their picture would come up but the volume was...
  7. Help, strange video issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, strange video issues: I am using the video built into my CPU on a Gigabyte Z390. It is using a Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver. On my screen I am having random blurring and tearing of small areas. It's not always the same area. When I boot into Ubuntu I have no problem. This leads me to believe I...
  8. New Skype MSI version 8.0 for IT Admins to Distribute Skype 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype MSI version 8.0 for IT Admins to Distribute Skype 8: Today, we are rolling out an updated version of Skype MSI version 8.0 on desktop app for Windows that will replace Skype MSI version 7.0. If you are an IT administrator, you can now download an MSI for Skype version 8.0. You can use the new MSI to distribute the latest...
  9. How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8

How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8: I already delete chat by delete conversation... But when i login again.. Some of chat that i already deleted reappear... any Solution?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-chat-history-in-skype-version-8/d1a54404-4966-4280-a3d2-791c638f417d
  10. Microsoft shares more info on the update to Skype version 8

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shares more info on the update to Skype version 8: Hello, Skype community! We hope you're all enjoying the latest updates to Skype version 8 for desktop, mobile, and tablet devices. We wanted to share a few more details on the ongoing update to Skype version 8 to keep you up to speed on the latest info. Why update everyone...