Windows 10: Strange virus

Discus and support Strange virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I accidentally installed something on my computer, and with it came something that I'm not sure if it's a virus or just an annoying problem. What I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aleksakojadinov, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Strange virus

So I accidentally installed something on my computer, and with it came something that I'm not sure if it's a virus or just an annoying problem. What I know is that I can't find a way to remove it. It looks like a program that's all in Chinese, therefore I can't understand anything.
    I can't find it in the Add or Remove Programs (when I list the programs by Date, it's also not there).
    Here are some screenshots: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    There was also something added to Windows Explorer, on the right side but I managed to remove that (it was also in Chinese, I just clicked a random button).
    At the same time that this happened I got this Firefox add-on called GreaseMonkey which I can't remove, I can't see it in the add-on settings but it's still there. And my default search engine constantly turns to yessearch over and over again.
    I tried a full antivirus scan but nothing was found.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

aleksakojadinov, Mar 26, 2016
  2. patc---01 Win User

Random GPRS usage on N73 (ME)

That's really strange. Have you tried running a virus scan? Or a factory reset: if it was a virus that *might* clear it.

patc---01, Mar 26, 2016
  3. virus and repair boot up disk for windows 10 pro

My new computer got a strange virus warning and now will not ackmowledge a bootable drive is there a repair dic that will boot compt. and remove possible virus ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

repairman2u, Mar 26, 2016
  4. Strange virus

DaveGrant01, Mar 26, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    AdwCleaner should do the trick, but I would download it from Bleeping Computer, not the link in the post above, because it's not the same filename, and the file seems to be empty.

You may have to reset your browsers when finished as well.

EDIT: You may also want to run the Junkware Removal Tool afterwards.

simrick, Mar 26, 2016
  6. Thank you for your replies, but neither of those programs worked.
    Anything else?

7. simrick Win User
    Please read this to disable GreaseMonkey scripts, and then remove it from Firefox
    How to manage Greasemonkey scripts - CNET

simrick, Mar 26, 2016
  8. Strange virus

It seems like greasemonkey was trigger by the Chinese thing, not vice-versa.
    I managed to solve it following this video:

[youtube]4PzxLPmFIgY[/youtube]

Thanks anyway

9. simrick Win User
    Oh good find! Glad you got it sorted! Please go ahead and mark the thread as solved. Thanks for posting your solution to help others. Cheers!

simrick, Mar 26, 2016
  10. If you're "acidentally" installing stuff, I suggest using a non-admin account as your primary profile

garydexter, Mar 28, 2016
  11. Can someone lock this?
    No more replies necessary...

aleksakojadinov, Mar 28, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Threads usually won't be closed unless for a reason, you can however mark this thread solved *Smile

13. simrick Win User

Strange virus

*Ditto*Ditto and you can unsubscribe from it as well, in your User Control Panel.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange virus

1. Strange virus - Similar Threads - Strange virus

2. On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone: Hello,Is the following possible: Can a culprit send an email with an attachment that if downloaded can access the microphone of your computer and hear what's said inside your home? Is it also possible that such an attachment could be sent through a mass email -- such as to...
  3. On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Possibility of Strange Virus or Trojan Through a Computer's Microphone: Hello,Is the following possible: Can a culprit send an email with an attachment that if downloaded can access the microphone of your computer and hear what's said inside your home? Is it also possible that such an attachment could be sent through a mass email -- such as to...
  4. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  5. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  6. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?

in Cortana
    This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?: So I clicked on an ad for Ebay I always forget the ads are above the website and it took me to a website looking like Microsoft's with about 5 pop-ups saying there was a trojan virus and a number below to call. But I'm thinking, why would they inform you through a website and...
  8. Strange application in startup, virus ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange application in startup, virus ?: Hello, I have noticed strange application in startup and I am wondering if its a malware ? [ATTACH] When I did right click on it, I was able to open file location and to delete all of them they had different filenames. But even after restart they are appearing in...
  9. Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 strange behaviour: Virus?: Good morning, Since yesterday my computer acts more and more strangely: - When a video is put in fullscreen either in a browser, like Youtube, or on the desktop, like VLC, it automatically sets back to normal screen after a random period of time; - At some points, it is...
  10. A strange virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A strange virus: Like many people, I installed apps, but one of them had the app "6b264507-ba91-4d85-86c9-1e827315cbe0" . Every hour, I hear strange vocal messages and sounds avertissement. When I try to delete it, the computer say the application doesn't exist. I also saw that my computer...