Windows 10: Strange W10 update

Discus and support Strange W10 update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello!, today when checking for updates, windows update shows me the following update: [img] (18946.1000.rs_xbox_dev.190723-1700 (UUP-CTv2)) I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NSchwender, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Strange W10 update

Hello!, today when checking for updates, windows update shows me the following update:

Strange W10 update [​IMG]

(18946.1000.rs_xbox_dev.190723-1700 (UUP-CTv2))

I'm not in the insider program. It's an error from Microsoft?
    Does anyone else have this problem?

My system is Windows 10 PRO 64 bit.

Thanks!

:)

NSchwender, Jul 24, 2019
  2. TomF37380 Win User

Strange update behavior

My Dell W10 laptop hasn't been used for about a year, so I attempted to use Windows Update to bring it up to speed: 1) it was stuck on "updates are available/downloading 0%)" for several hours; 2) when it finally "finished", there were 5 updates listed;
    3) when I selected download, they quickly disappeared one-by-one, and the computer went back to step 1 again. This has happened numerous times now.

When I look in the c:/windows/software distribution folder, I can see the 5 update folders there; so it appears that the updates are downloading but not installing. Strangely, my installed updates screen shows no update history/blank.

I even tried reinstalling W10 using a flash drive created on another W10 laptop. It installed fine, but the problem still exists. One strange thing about the reinstall though: the other computer was at 14.343.351, but the problem laptop still shows 14.343.0;
    shouldn't it have updated to the .351 level with the reinstall?

The update troubleshooter did not find any problems.

How do I solve this Windows Update problem?

TomF37380, Jul 24, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Now that W10 is out, are you a W7 / W8 refusenik?

OK, this is now something that has made me dig my feet in the ground. Today is patch Tuesday.

It's a good thing I actually look at what updates are in the list. None of the mandatory/important updates are checked. This is strange. Then i go to see what optional ipdates are available.

Only one is checked: Upgrade to W10 Home. This has now crossed into forcing an OS on someone. If I had not checked, as the average user doesn't, or if it was on auto-update, as M$ "recommends", it would have downloaded and installed.

That is not acceptable behavior.

Edit: I hid the update, and upon reboot to get my Office updates, they were not checked, but the optional update to W10 that I hid was checked again. Grrrrr....

rtwjunkie, Jul 24, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Strange W10 update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Strange W10 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Strange W10 update

1. Strange W10 update - Similar Threads - Strange W10 update

2. W10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 updates: Updates installing twice before completion. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-updates/74436a7f-f66b-4fa9-bb1c-03bd36f94896
  3. Strange update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update: So I have updates turned off! And tonight everything was slow and hanging for a long time so I decided to restart. Windows was installing updates (not sure how when I had them turned off). A very big update by the look of it - took ages. Afterwards I have the news and weather...
  4. Strange Partitions after W10 install on new build

Strange Partitions after W10 install on new build: I've just built a new PC and installed W10 from a USB after using the W10 creation tool on my old build. Everything seemed to install fine but I noticed some quirks (like start button and key not doing anything) so I decided to do a reset. That completed but now I've...
  5. Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10: Hello all. Looking to diagnose and troubleshoot (and hopefully fix) an issue with my Toshiba Satellite (A665-S6086) laptop running W10. As a preface to my short ramble: I have my important files, for the most part, backed up in triplicate on external hard drives. There are...
  6. Strange screen glitch/bug since upgrade to W10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange screen glitch/bug since upgrade to W10!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheJubstep [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eayjf4/strange_screen_glitchbug_since_upgrade_to_w10/
  7. Strange desktop object W10-64

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange desktop object W10-64: I am getting a strange icon appearing on my desktop. It is a simple white rectangle with a folded upper right corner. It has no name. Right clicking on it only gives option to delete, cut, or create shortcut. It seems to appear whenever something gets installed or upgraded...
  8. strange update

strange update: It looks like we are being forced to have updates which would not otherwise have been chosen. I am currently being offered "fbl_awesome 1501 9933 professional", with no explanation as to what it is. This new build (9926) has lost the update option via control panel. 3900
  9. Updates for W10

Updates for W10: I was gone for the entire month of Sept and the following updates where shown as available when I turned on my system. KB3093266 KB3087040 KB890830 and Qualcom Adapter Update The only problem is when I go to settings for updates it says downloading but nothing happens...
  10. Scared by W10 strange behavior

Scared by W10 strange behavior: Hi! Decided to ask. After some struggle with w10 10122 - I decided to “clean” install w10 10130. On my MSI CR61 3M it turned out impossible to do so from USB ISO. Had experiments with w7 - too no success. To revive that laptop I installed W10 10130 on MSI’ s disk using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 18946.1000.rs_xbox_dev.190723-1700 (UUP-CTv2)

2. rs_xbox_dev

3. microsoft 18946.1000.rs_xbox_dev.190723-1700 (UUP-CTv2)