Windows 10: Strange white block on screen

Discus and support Strange white block on screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have 2 screens connected to my desktop. Often on the main screen a white screen as per attached picture will appear on some programs. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EK63, Jul 24, 2018.

1. EK63 Win User

Strange white block on screen

Hello,

I have 2 screens connected to my desktop. Often on the main screen a white screen as per attached picture will appear on some programs. I can work around it with Chrome by pressing F11 (Full screen) twice and then its ok on Chrome again.

The white part is non-responsive and responds as if you are clicking on the desktop.

Running windows 10

Can it be the GUI if the other screen is ok, or is the main screen defective or is it a software problem?

Any suggestions will be welcome

With thanks

Strange white block on screen aec6cf27-0dfd-4808-bde2-716e03ec92f7?upload=true.png

:)

2. Strange White Window

You can access the event viewer log to check and verify if rundll32.exe is really the program which is causing the white box to appear on your screen. You may access the logs right after you experienced this issue to check what program shows error. Take
    note of the exact time the white box appeared. These are the steps to access the Event viewer log:

• Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom left part of your screen.
    • Choose and click Event Viewer.
    • Click Windows Logs.
    • Double-click on System and check for recent logs or error.
    • Double-click on Application to check for recent logs which shows error.
    • It will show you what specific program produced error on that specific time.

Please update us of the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Jul 24, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange white block on screen - Similar Threads - Strange white block

2. Strange white block on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange white block on screen: When I use Facebook or YouTube, there are some strange white blocks shown on my Computer. Why does it occur? Please help me to give a solution. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-white-block-on-screen/a415c6fb-4c86-42ec-bc37-ce655f6885f8
  3. Strange white block on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange white block on screen: When I use Facebook or YouTube, there are some strange white blocks shown on my Computer. Why does it occur? Please help me to give a solution. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-white-block-on-screen/a415c6fb-4c86-42ec-bc37-ce655f6885f8
  4. Strange white block on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary white blocks on the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary white blocks on the screen: I am getting these weird temporary white block on my screen it does sometimes disappears after I scroll down or I have to refresh the page or open any other application. If someone knows how to fix this kindly help me out....
  6. Temporary white blocks on the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary white blocks on the screen: I am getting these weird temporary white block on my screen it does sometimes disappears after I scroll down or I have to refresh the page or open any other application. If someone knows how to fix this kindly help me out....
  7. Strange White box on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange White box on start up: Hello, I hope someone can help. This week, a strange white box appears in the corner of my Windows 10 desktop. It seems to appear once I connect to the internet. But it does not go away and cannot not be minimised. It also stays on top of all programs and so obstructs a...
  8. Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen: For the past 8 hours now my computer has been constantly showing a white screen or a flickering screen on my desktop, everytime i log into my computer. I have restarted, repowered and did a full resset but nothing had worked. I have tried using the safe mode on the log in...
  9. White Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Screen: I play online games and my screen goes white starting from upper left corner, Has anyone gotten this since the last update? Please let me know. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-screen/8b6dfd91-45a1-41e3-9a9e-363ab6c1ebb2
  10. greyish background and strange flashing of white light

in Windows 10 Support
    greyish background and strange flashing of white light: In chrome background of tabs looks ugly greyish, instead of normal white, even url box and other fields on website. Even in system if i think about it, it looks to greyish. While i didn't change, or do anything lately. Or when i try to go to fullscreen in sm player i have...