Windows 10: Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I...

Discus and support Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has been happening for at least a year, this weird white rectangle with a blue/gray gradient on the inside keeps appearing on my desktop. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VortexHunter711, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I...

This has been happening for at least a year, this weird white rectangle with a blue/gray gradient on the inside keeps appearing on my desktop. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens very often. There was one time where there were two of these rectangles and I could move one of them. I have no clue the cause of this. I am using Windows 10. Image attached.

Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I... 20503daf-a8ac-49bb-bbfb-6876866b41d0?upload=true.png

:)

VortexHunter711, Mar 4, 2021
  2. bli331 Win User

Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop

Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I... fbd1159e-3d6e-4452-8de9-f5f54822f3ed?upload=true.png

Hi all,

Recently I've had this strange white rectangle appearing in the top left corner of both my PC and my computer's desktop. I have no idea what it is because I can't find it in task manager. It seems to disable Wallpaper Engine as well. It is also completely
    un-interactable.

Google searches about this seem to bring up a similar issue where there is a much smaller white square but the fixes for that don't work for me.

Anybody have any idea how to fix this?

bli331, Mar 4, 2021
  3. ???? Win User
    desktop icons disappear, white rectangles show up

Sometimes all my icons disappear and 2 white rectangles appear in the bottom left corner. If I triple click on the left one, it goes to the top left corner and leaves the right one there. Triple clicking on the one in the top corner makes it disappear
    and makes the desktop icons come back and leaves the other one visible. This seems like such a random bug I don't see how it could happen...but it did.
    Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I... [​IMG]

????, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I...

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I...

1. Strange white rectangle appears on desktop, occasionally hides my desktop icons until I... - Similar Threads - Strange white rectangle

2. I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.: Someone kindly tell me how to fix it : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-these-white-boxes-appearing-infront-of-my/1ada117e-fa7a-4515-83d6-06272169dbce
  3. I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.: Someone kindly tell me how to fix it : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-these-white-boxes-appearing-infront-of-my/1ada117e-fa7a-4515-83d6-06272169dbce
  4. Why is there a white rectangle on the top left of my desktop?

Why is there a white rectangle on the top left of my desktop?: Whenever I look at my desktop, there's always some white rectangle. It's been there for a whole year but I didn't really bother to get rid of it and now I want to. Why is this there and how do I get rid of it?[ATTACH]...
  5. Strange grayish rectangle on my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange grayish rectangle on my desktop: I just turned on my pc and found this box, just sitting there in the corner of my desktop, I clicked on it and nothing seemed to happen, so I right clicked only to get the normal right click menu for the desktop, though it could be a program, I don't think so... maybe its a...
  6. White Rectangle Box on Desktop Screen

White Rectangle Box on Desktop Screen: I have an issue that most of the time when I start my computer, either rebooted or which was locked, I see a small rectangle box sometimes two boxes or one in my Desktop screen which is the screen where there is the wallpapers and icons. It appears anywhere on the Desktop...
  7. hiding desktop icons

hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  8. Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...: It just appeared this morning as I logged in, please help! All of my desktop apps are gone from it. Whenever I click on it and drag, another box of the same size appears. submitted by /u/Blushberrii [link] [comments]...
  9. Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop

Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi all, Recently I've had this strange white rectangle appearing in the top left corner of both my PC and my computer's desktop. I have no idea what it is because I can't find it in task manager. It seems to disable Wallpaper Engine as well. It is also completely...
  10. Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange, inert icon appearing on desktop: Starting yesterday I found a small icon on my desktop. It floated above all windows, was unmovable, and didn't respond to mouse clicks. When I rebooted, it was gone, but today I have the same problem -- with a different icon! Here's what today's looks like: [img] How...