Windows 10: Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

Discus and support Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It just appeared this morning as I logged in, please help! All of my desktop apps are gone from it. Whenever I click on it and drag, another box of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blushberrii, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

It just appeared this morning as I logged in, please help! All of my desktop apps are gone from it. Whenever I click on it and drag, another box of the same size appears.

submitted by /u/Blushberrii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Blushberrii, Nov 18, 2019
  2. bli331 Win User

Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop

Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is... fbd1159e-3d6e-4452-8de9-f5f54822f3ed?upload=true.png

Hi all,

Recently I've had this strange white rectangle appearing in the top left corner of both my PC and my computer's desktop. I have no idea what it is because I can't find it in task manager. It seems to disable Wallpaper Engine as well. It is also completely
    un-interactable.

Google searches about this seem to bring up a similar issue where there is a much smaller white square but the fixes for that don't work for me.

Anybody have any idea how to fix this?

bli331, Nov 18, 2019
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove

This is going to be hard to see, but above the left of the recycle bin icon... there is a tiny white square. When I put my mouse cursor over it I get the cursor to change to the activity cursor (spinning blue circle) - I have no idea what application is causing this and have stopped all tasks starting with windows on boot.

Any ones else ever see this?

Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is... [​IMG]

Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is... [​IMG]

HP Spectre Laptop with latest BIOS as of this post installed. All windows updates.

twiggs462, Nov 18, 2019
  4. twiggs462 Win User

Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove

Here is the exact process

twiggs462, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is...

1. Strange white rectangle on the upper left corner of my desktop - any ideas on what it is... - Similar Threads - Strange white rectangle

2. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop. the square remains on the top left corner and now i cant evn click it...
  3. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop. the square remains on the top left corner and now i cant evn click it...
  4. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. white rectangle on top left corner of screen

white rectangle on top left corner of screen: so there is a solid white rectangle on the top left corner of my screen.if i open another window and close it nothing happens it works normally. the square doesnt come on any app just remains on the dektop.sometime all my apps on my desktop dissapear so i click on the square...
  6. White line upper left corner before startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White line upper left corner before startup: Ever since my PC crashed a couple of days ago, before startup, for like 30 seconds it started with like 5-10 seconds, a white line appears on the upper left corner of my screenNon-blinking. My PC does boot normally after this, but I would like to fix it before it won't boot...
  7. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.: Hi, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop for my kid and put some Microsoft Family time limits on it. My son has kept on coming to me and showing me a white bar at the top left corner of the desktop. The bar will hide all of the apps until clicked on twice. One clicked on,...
  8. White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?: [ATTACH] There's some white bar in the corner of my desktop. I've had this issue for a little while, but it's been kinda on and off. I can drag it around sometimes, but I'm trying to right now and nothing's happening. I believe it has something to do with my desktop icons,...
  9. Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop

Strange blue rectangle at corner of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi all, Recently I've had this strange white rectangle appearing in the top left corner of both my PC and my computer's desktop. I have no idea what it is because I can't find it in task manager. It seems to disable Wallpaper Engine as well. It is also completely...
  10. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...