Windows 10: Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service

Discus and support Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I'm running a clean Windows 10 install on a 5,1 Mac Pro with dual Intel Xeon X5690's and a Broadcom BCM943602CDP 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GreppMichaels, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service

Hi Guys,

I'm running a clean Windows 10 install on a 5,1 Mac Pro with dual Intel Xeon X5690's and a Broadcom BCM943602CDP 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with an bluetooth 4.2. This is a very new card designed to be compatible with newer macs, it runs perfectly in my Mac Pro in OSX Mojave however when I'm in Windows 10 I'll get weird issues where my download speeds suddenly drop to almost nothing, then go backup, I'll get 100% packet loss rates at times, basically just spikes where it will stop working for a second and then pick back up.

What I've done to test:
    changed mac address in windows

set static IP in OSX so i'm not potentially conflicting or competing on the router

if I bounce back from my 2.4 to my 5band it sometimes seems to help, the 2.4 which my mac pro never connects to in OSX seems to be a bit more stable.

uninstalled device/tried different drivers, I've also used driver booster, everything says I have the right drivers installed in windows, but I'm wondering if this is the issue?

Currently I'm on a guest network on my 5g band on my netgear 6400 and that hasn't fixed the issue, I really thought it was a conflict where my router would see two devices log in and out with the same Mac address and IP address, but I've reset my router after updating those on my Mac Pro and it hasn't changed.

This internet issue makes gaming of any kind impossible, again everything is perfect on Mojave, just endless issues in Windows 10.

any ideas?

submitted by /u/GreppMichaels
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GreppMichaels, Dec 5, 2020
  2. McSweg Win User

Packet loss and random internet drops

Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service [​IMG]

Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service [​IMG]

I am having these weird internet drops where it happens 1 - 2 times a day. I also have packet loss in game (I always see the icon of packet loss popping up in all the games I play)

I run my computer wired so it's not connected wireless. Not sure if any of this info means anything if something is bad here what is it and why? I don't really understand any of these things. Is there anything I need to bring up to my ISP? Thank you

McSweg, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Experiencing Severe packet loss and high pings

Bump, the command spearman suggested boosted the d/l speed to 70kb/s, however it didn't fix the packet loss issue, the ping issue's still there but has much less of an effect.

crazy pyro, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service

Getting weird spikes of packet loss

At random intervals (often every minute or less) I will get packet loss. This is most noticeable and irritating when I am gaming. It doesn't matter what game they all do the same thing, ping stays the same but I will lose connection or just stand there. (There's almost a rubber band effect where on my screen I keep moving but then my connection catches up and I ping back to where I lost connection)

If I ping google in the CMD it usually goes like so:

ping -t www.gogle.com
    reply from google with 10ms etc (multiple times)
    Request timed out (When this happens I lose connection in my games)
    then it goes back to replies from google

packet loss will range between 1 and 5% on a constant basis.

I've contacted my ISP and they said my line is fine. So does this mean it's on my end?
    Secondly I was online in a game when this problem occurred, over night my connection dropped and then it reconnected and having this packet issue.

I've tried so many things but nothing works.
    • E.g changing MTU values
    • connecting directly to the modem (still gets the packet loss)
    • tracert to see which hops are bad (I didn't really understand what I saw tbh but nothing looked amiss)
    • power cycling the router and modem
    • connecting to the test socket
    • changing / sorting out the cables
    (I'm on TalkTalk Fibre broadboad by the way, my upload and download are fine)

Please help!! *Frown Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service :(

ShavenTortoise, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service

1. Strange Wifi Connection issues resulting in HUGE packet loss and total drops in service - Similar Threads - Strange Wifi Connection

2. Wifi Drops to 0kbps frequently causing packet loss and ping spikes. WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Drops to 0kbps frequently causing packet loss and ping spikes. WINDOWS 11: Microsoft Windows 11 Home AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor, 3100 MHz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors A320M-A PRO MS-7C51 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Realtek 8811CU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NICThis problem has been going on for about a year now. My profile corrupted so I took...
  3. Packet loss and wifi issues ONLY on this device while playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Packet loss and wifi issues ONLY on this device while playing games: Whenever I play a video game on my computer Specifically Fortnite and Roblox, my packet loss will randomly skyrocket from within 0% to 74%. I have not seen this issue when I play on other consoles on the same Wi-Fi, and same with my phone. Solutions?...
  4. packet loss

packet loss: how can i stop getting packet loss in the games i play im one a wired connection and i already contacted my internet provider and they said everything was good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packet-loss/d0b7b7f2-121e-4fac-9d73-8e4933b61cea
  5. Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue with high packet loss only on Windows 10: I noticed a strange issue starting this week seemingly prompted by nothing (I checked my update history and none were installed recently and I haven't downloaded any new programs recently either), on my Windows PC I suddenly have around 20-30% packet loss over Ethernet....
  6. Packet Loss

Packet Loss: I have been experiencing packet loss with the wifi at my college, but it seems that only i am the one having struggles. my roommate is on the same wifi as me and gets a lower ping, and 0 packet loss. is there a problem with my laptop?...
  7. Packet loss and random internet drops

Packet loss and random internet drops: [img] [img] I am having these weird internet drops where it happens 1 - 2 times a day. I also have packet loss in game (I always see the icon of packet loss popping up in all the games I play) I run my computer wired so it's not connected wireless. Not sure if any of...
  8. WiFi connection drop issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection drop issue: I am using a USB WiFi adapter to connect my PC to the internet. Whenever I am downloading a heavy file using peer-to-peer sharing, my PC internet connection drops. However, it is not a router/ISP issue as I can still connect to the internet using other devices. If I am...
  9. Wifi Menu packet loss?

Wifi Menu packet loss?: Hello, I have been using the ASUS ac1200 56r use wireless adapter for a couple months now and it has been a pain to say the least. I have constant wifi drops on 5GHz and randomly my receive would drop to 0 Kbps ranging from half a second and sometimes up to 5. I as able to...
  10. 100% Packet Loss

100% Packet Loss: I've been experiencing this problem for a couple of days now. My wifi works but I either I can't connect to a game or I am getting massive ping spikes every couple of seconds....