Windows 10: Strange wifi issue

Discus and support Strange wifi issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arranrafot, May 13, 2020.

1. Strange wifi issue

Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt have a valid ip address error when i trouble shoot. However i have a bt wi-fi extender displayed as an ethernet connection that i use which works. Recently my connection has dramatically dropped preventing me from playing multiplayer games as well as this at around 10pm my wifi extender will no longer be recognised by the pc and stop working. When i troubleshoot it then it gets the same ip address error but the troubleshooter fixes it and i suddenly get a dramatically better connection compared to before it stopped working. This has happened twice now. Does anyone know what's causing this?

:)

arranrafot, May 13, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 13, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    wifi issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.

• Select Device manager

• Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

• Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab

• Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps

Method 2 : Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 3.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 13, 2020
  4. KrIsHSkk Win User

Strange wifi issue

Issue with Wifi connectivity in HP n-209tx laptop

Hello,

I do have Hp pavilion n-209tx laptop with Windows 8.1 operating system. I am facing trouble with wifi connectivity. It is working properly with LAN connection.

The below are the problem with wifi connection:

• Not listing the wifi with actual names (showing different wifi names which are not available in my locality).
    • Only listing 1 or 2 wifi names and even that too with different unknown names.
    I am struggling from a long and tried most of the possibilities but did not get any positive results.

The possibilities which I tried are listed below:

• Uninstall wifi drivers ( I uninstalled wifi driver and after restart, again it is listed in the wifi driver list without any installations)
    • Factory reset has been done with deletion of all the files.
    • Command prompt configurations.
    I am early waiting for the route cause of this issue and it is extremely strange issue as per my idea. I consulted most of my friends and did not get any idea about this strange issue.

Kindly help me friends if you have any idea!

Thank you very much for your help in advanceStrange wifi issue :)

Regards,

Krishna

KrIsHSkk, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Strange wifi issue

1. Strange wifi issue - Similar Threads - Strange wifi issue

2. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  3. Strange Wifi Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Wifi Issue: Hello, Recently my laptop has been connecting to WIFI, but when I try downloading anything my download speed drops. However, if I turn the WIFI setting off and then on again it goes back to normal for a few minutes before dropping again. I have re-installed drivers, tried...
  4. Strange wifi issue (win10)

Strange wifi issue (win10): A few days ago, the wifi on my desktop would no longer work (windows problem solver: can't reach DNS server). I tried a load of different fixes I found on the internet but none would work. Eventually I just loaded a system "restore point" of a few days old (sorry if this is...
  5. Some strange WiFi Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Some strange WiFi Icon: Hello all, I'd just open my PC and I've got this strange X Icon on wifi Symbols: [img] Tried to update drivers, checked some hardware issue but no problem. someone know this symbol? Thankes for Helpers!!! 152763
  6. Strange issue

Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  7. Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot

Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot: Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, my WiFi connection started acting up. Every 15-20 minutes it loses Internet connectivity. It is still connected to the network, it just says no Internet access. When I tell Windows to resolve the issue, it does it's thing and eventually...
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436