Windows 10: Strange WIFI password problem

Discus and support Strange WIFI password problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After moving to a new town, my computer will not let me send my password to connect to the WIFI. It sees all of the networks, and gives me an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RevJesseMeyer, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Strange WIFI password problem

After moving to a new town, my computer will not let me send my password to connect to the WIFI. It sees all of the networks, and gives me an option to enter a password, however, upon entering it and hitting "NEXT" it does nothing. The password stays filled out, but no other action is taken. If I right click and select "CONNECT" it clears the password entry box. I have tried the following solutions:

Reset computer.

Reset router.

Reset modem.

connected to network with another device (android phone, Smart TV, other PC, all worked).

Quintuple checked the password.

Delete old networks from my list.

Reset Network settings.

Updating drivers (no update required)

Hooking up to Ethernet cable (works, and how I am visiting the forums, had no effect on wifi)

Searching forums and asking other tech savvy people for advice - No one seems to have heard of this.

Best I can tell, I have narrowed it down to a software issue, but have reached the limits of my tech skills. Anyone have any ideas?

:)

RevJesseMeyer, Feb 2, 2019

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

I've finally figured out what happened, but the problem is only temporarily solved.

I had changed my wifi password. And the phone won't connect with the new password. If I change the wifi password back to the old one it connects.

So it's definitely a phone issue.
    I wish I could change my wifi password and have my phone working..

Black Panther, Feb 2, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Strange WIFI password problem

Help with changing wifi password?

No. That will NOT change your WiFi password. The router administration password and WiFi password are two completely different passwords.

NavyLCDR, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Strange WIFI password problem

1. Strange WIFI password problem - Similar Threads - Strange WIFI password

2. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  3. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Problem: The strangest thing just happened, I was trying to go into a zoom meeting but every time I clicked on the link, I got a download instead of new window to take me to the meeting. A moment later, I tried to copy the zoom link only to realize that the keyboard had stopped...
  4. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Strange Wifi Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Wifi Issue: Hello, Recently my laptop has been connecting to WIFI, but when I try downloading anything my download speed drops. However, if I turn the WIFI setting off and then on again it goes back to normal for a few minutes before dropping again. I have re-installed drivers, tried...
  6. STRANGE, BUT SERIOUS PROBLEM: Can Chrome "Leak Out" Passwords?

in Browsers and Email
    STRANGE, BUT SERIOUS PROBLEM: Can Chrome "Leak Out" Passwords?: Hi all, I'm in need of some desperate help. *cry This is just what happened: I was using Chrome and I had a Chrome window open and I was logged into my bank's website with about 15 tabs open that contain financial information. Then, I accidentally opened another tab in the...
  7. I need help fixing strange wifi problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help fixing strange wifi problem.: I need help fixing this weird WiFi problem. Everytime I plug in my laptop the WiFi speed drops a good 10 Mbps and my ping raises form 10-14 to 34-40. I have no clue what causes it. My WiFi drivers are up-to-date. I have a ASUS Vivobook X543U. I have been struggling with this...
  8. Strange wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange wifi issue: Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt have a valid ip address error when i trouble shoot. However i have a bt wi-fi extender displayed as an ethernet connection that...
  9. Some strange WiFi Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Some strange WiFi Icon: Hello all, I'd just open my PC and I've got this strange X Icon on wifi Symbols: [img] Tried to update drivers, checked some hardware issue but no problem. someone know this symbol? Thankes for Helpers!!! 152763
  10. Strange Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Problem: I noticed a strange issue with my PC today. I am running Win 10 Pro (64 bit) and after I restarted my PC today, I observed the following things: 1. Some of the icons are missing on the taskbar. There used to be icons for Store, Calculator, Edge on my taskbar. 2. I also...