Windows 10: Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker

Discus and support Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I'm not sure when this started but can't be more than a month and a half ago, maybe after I installed MSEdgeRedirect, basically makes the windows... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SokiLJ, Apr 12, 2022.

1. SokiLJ Win User

Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker

So I'm not sure when this started but can't be more than a month and a half ago, maybe after I installed MSEdgeRedirect, basically makes the windows programs that force default to Edge browser redirect to a browser of your choosing, however, it was working fine after the install so I don't know if that could be the reason why because it had to have happened sometime afterward and not to mention I uninstalled it and I am still having this problem! It is hard to explain my problem so let me show you check out the Pictures section below, it's basically a visual bug where some/all Windows 10 Mic

:)

SokiLJ, Apr 12, 2022
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Apr 12, 2022
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Apr 12, 2022
  4. kiranjast Win User

Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker

Application title bar keeps flickering and not showing maximize minimize buttons

Hello All,

I developed an application with Ribbon.

The problem I am facing is, the title bar keeps flickering in window 8 (old graphics driver)and not showing maximize minimize buttons.

but the same application run smooth in window 10 (nice graphic driver) showing icons.

could you suggest ,what is wrong with display? What should I try to stop flickering. ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kiranjast, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker - Similar Threads - Strange Win10 Graphical

2. Strange audio bug in some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange audio bug in some games: I don't know if it's a Windows problem, or a problem with the games, but I've already sent support requests to the game supports to see if I can get answers there. Another possible issue could be windows, either me not having something set right, not having something...
  3. Strange audio bug in some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange audio bug in some games: I don't know if it's a Windows problem, or a problem with the games, but I've already sent support requests to the game supports to see if I can get answers there. Another possible issue could be windows, either me not having something set right, not having something...
  4. Strange graphical and software bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange graphical and software bugs: Everything was fine yesterday, but after getting on my laptop after letting it sit for 5 or 10 minutes it suddenly had huge problems Most images appear like so, garbled and covered in weird static, and lots of apps such as settings, and even third party ones such as discord...
  5. Strange graphical and software bugs

Strange graphical and software bugs: Everything was fine yesterday, but after getting on my laptop after letting it sit for 5 or 10 minutes it suddenly had huge problems Most images appear like so, garbled and covered in weird static, and lots of apps such as settings, and even third party ones such as discord...
  6. Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker

Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker: So I'm not sure when this started but can't be more than a month and a half ago, maybe after I installed MSEdgeRedirect, basically makes the windows programs that force default to Edge browser redirect to a browser of your choosing, however, it was working fine after the...
  7. Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Win10 Graphical Bug Problem That Makes Some Apps Show Semi-Blank/Flicker: So I'm not sure when this started but can't be more than a month and a half ago, maybe after I installed MSEdgeRedirect, basically makes the windows programs that force default to Edge browser redirect to a browser of your choosing, however, it was working fine after the...
  8. Weird graphics bug in apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird graphics bug in apps: Does anyone know what causes these weird graphics bugs? I get them when using some applications, like the Riot Launcher or modern apps. https://imgur.com/1oZk6ar submitted by /u/GilloGillo [link] [comments]...
  9. Strange square on some app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange square on some app: So i have strange square shape on what it should be rounded, how to fix? Nb : if you said "maybe it because you use dark reader" nope, im already test without that on firefox and the result is same [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Win10 Blank Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Blank Screen Problem: I recent performed a clean Win10 reset, and since then, it's gripped with a very weird and annoying problem. Every time I install ANY software, at the end of the installation the screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds (as if my monitor looses connection) and then resumes....