Windows 10: Strange Windows 10 issues even after Windows Reset - Chrome crash, graphics glitches

Discus and support Strange Windows 10 issues even after Windows Reset - Chrome crash, graphics glitches in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue seemed to start a few months ago, but it's only this past week I've really tried to fix it. It seemed to start all of a sudden, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScottLaff42, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Strange Windows 10 issues even after Windows Reset - Chrome crash, graphics glitches

This issue seemed to start a few months ago, but it's only this past week I've really tried to fix it.

It seemed to start all of a sudden, and the first symptom was Chrome crashing. It will sometimes crash instantly on launch, other times it will remain open for a short time. I've been able to go to some webpages but they wouldn't load correctly and open the setting menu, but one time it opened with the page being entirely pink, other times with some of the settings text, but the formatting was wrong.

I left it a few weeks (don't use that PC a lot), but when I went back to it I uninstalled Chrome (and deleted user data) and after reinstalling had the same issues. I then Installed Firefox, and it will crash immediately on launch. It was at this time I also noticed that whenever I open a Windows settings menu or navigate to a new page in settings, all of the text in that window will momentarily flicker. I have also seen a few other similar glitches in other apps (text rendering wrong in Chrome, GOG Galaxy menu items not highlighting correctly).

I then performed a Windows Reset, retaining user data. This didn't fix the issue. I did a full reset, removing all data, and it also didn't fix the issue.

After reinstalling Windows, I made sure Windows was fully up to date (1905), graphics drivers were up to date (it was at this point I noticed that the NVidia Experience app will crash when I try to log in so had to manually update the driver), and have run both Windows Defender and Avast virus scans, with no improvement.

Running a UserBenchmark test, all of my devices show as running at full performance, so I can't see there being a hardware issue. I have reseated all components on the motherboard too. I ran DriverBooster and upgraded all drivers, and ran a Windows Memory test, with no issues found.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do next to try and fix this problem? I am in the process of doing another Windows Reset, this time doing the "deep clean" to thoroughly remove all data, but don't see it helping.

My Hardware:

CPU: Intel i5 4590

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-H97N Mini ITX

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060

RAM: 16GB

HDD: Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD

:)

ScottLaff42, Jun 30, 2019
  2. JAZ
    Jaz Win User

Graphics glitches and Crashes

Since the BIOS update, I've had no major issues whatsoever. Everything works fine.

But minor issues such as random flickering and that purple outline issue have appeared. These are barely noticeable but I'm worried they might be a sign that there might be issues again in the future.

But since it's been confirmed that the BIOS update fixed the major issues such as everything crashing and all of the random glitches, it's most likely still a software issue.

Yes, it's still possible that it's a hardware issue, but I doubt it now.

And the 9500 GT's confirmed to work fine with Windows 8. It's on Nvidia's Windows 8 compatibility list.

I agree with MailMan. I've researched a lot of possible issues just in case, and a lot of issues are caused by software. If you work in tech support, I doubt you find that the majority of issues are caused by hardware as most users have pre-built PCs. Just my two cents.

3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Strange Windows 10 issues even after Windows Reset - Chrome crash, graphics glitches

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Strange Windows 10 issues even after Windows Reset - Chrome crash, graphics glitches

1. Strange Windows 10 issues even after Windows Reset - Chrome crash, graphics glitches - Similar Threads - Strange issues Reset

2. Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes: Hi,i assembled a new PC and tried to install Windows 11. be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 600W CM PC-NetzteilASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 - internes Solid-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU 8C/16T, 3.80-4.60GHz, boxedKingston FURY...
  3. Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Graphic Glitches and Browser crashes: Hi,i assembled a new PC and tried to install Windows 11. be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 600W CM PC-NetzteilASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Mainboard Sockel AM4Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 - internes Solid-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU 8C/16T, 3.80-4.60GHz, boxedKingston FURY...
  4. Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot: Okay so as of recently my computer has been going through a lot of different issues which have seemingly come out of nowhere as I've done a multitude of checks on my system such as: 'sfc /scannow' and fixed a few overlapping system files which seemed to fix nothing; totally...
  5. Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashing + Graphical Glitch On Boot: Okay so as of recently my computer has been going through a lot of different issues which have seemingly come out of nowhere as I've done a multitude of checks on my system such as: 'sfc /scannow' and fixed a few overlapping system files which seemed to fix nothing; totally...
  6. windows 10 strange after update issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 strange after update issue: After second to last major update, i start my laptop, i am unable to click anything on my desktop including icons and start menu. I have to click control alt delete and then click task manager. Once i do this i can then click items and open them. I need to do this every time...
  7. Strange glitch with Windows UI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange glitch with Windows UI: I've been having this strange glitch with Windows' UI recently. Whenever I click anywhere in the Start menu, Settings or any other built-in Windows 10 application, it always defaults to the right of the program. I can't explain it too well, so here's a video....
  8. Computer keeps crashing even after resetting windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps crashing even after resetting windows: I have a power spec computer about a month old. It keeps crashing and rebooting . Ive pulled the dmp file and the event logs if needed https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atu5Mxk59yu8iwVxnEavMKzew9yS?e=83MbwV...
  9. Windows 10 acting strange after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 acting strange after reset: Hello there! I recently got my Windows 10 PC from out of my closet and powered it on to discover Windows couldn't load. After the spinning circle bootscreen, the screen stayed completely black. I started the computer to find out safe mode worked. No Metro apps would run,...
  10. Strange visual glitches Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange visual glitches Windows 10: Hello I am running a brand-new Lenovo t490s with Windows 10 Enterprise. Yesterday I suddenly started experiencing strange visual glitches. Any graphics are embedded/"watermarked" with a strange X or black/white screen. Issues are not present in all applications, but is still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows graphical glitches sometimes prevent startup

2. chrome graphical glitch windows 10