Windows 10: Strange Windows 10 Networking Problem

Discus and support Strange Windows 10 Networking Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 Windows 10 Pro v. 1909 PC's and a NAS drive on my network. I have each computers' My Documents folders relocated to the NAS drive. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mdenbow, Mar 27, 2020.

1. mdenbow Win User

Strange Windows 10 Networking Problem

I have 2 Windows 10 Pro v. 1909 PC's and a NAS drive on my network. I have each computers' My Documents folders relocated to the NAS drive. When I open, modify and save a Word file from Computer A to My Documents on the NAS drive, when Computer B tries to read it from the NAS drive, it only sees the previous version of the file. I can have both computers looking at the same NAS drive folder at the same time, Computer A sees the latest version of the file, Computer B sees the previous version. While troubleshooting, I accessed the NAS drive via a web browser and the previous version is the one it sees as well. When I access the NAS drive with my tablet, it too only sees the previous version. Computer A somehow is not saving the file to the NAS drive even though it thinks it is and can see it's own revision. I have Offline Files disabled on both PC's.

And to put icing on the cake, it only does this sometimes and not always. If I create a new file and save it, all devices read the same file. If I open, modify and resave the file on Computer A then it is the only one that sees the latest version. All other devices only see the previous version. This is one of the strangest Windows phenomenon I've ever encountered. It may be just an Office problem because so far only Word files are doing this. Anyone ever see this?

:)

mdenbow, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Mystere Win User

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Strange Windows 10 Networking Problem

Network problem

Hi Aslam,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are you connecting via wired or wireless?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue using a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided on how to fix network connection issue in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Charianne Per, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Strange Windows 10 Networking Problem

1. Strange Windows 10 Networking Problem - Similar Threads - Strange Networking Problem

2. Strange problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange problem in windows 10: For some reason, when I click on something that brings up multiple options like if I right-click on something in my taskbar, an option will appear selected as you can see in the attached picture, store is selected. The selection will then move downwards as if I was pressing...
  3. REALLY strange network problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REALLY strange network problems.: I found out this Microsoft forums thing, and now I am asking like everything here. Another question of mine, except, this one isn't really stupid... Ok, now I know this question is asked a TON. So much. But for me it's different. I tried EVERYTHING, my computer is on...
  4. a strange network problem

a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  5. a strange network problem

in Windows 10 Support
    a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  6. Strange audio problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange audio problem on Windows 10: I keep having this strange problem with any headphones plugged into my computer where the audio doesn't work at all but if I mute then unmute the volume while a sound is playing it magically starts working again, but then if I stop the audio on my computer and then try and...
  7. Strange problem with WINDOWS 10 or PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with WINDOWS 10 or PC?: Hey guys my computer wont start up and is constantly going into automatic repair mode. I have tried to factory reset it in the advanced repair options in startup but it would constantly get stuck on "getting things ready". Things to note: Computer was fine last night until...
  8. Strange problem using windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange problem using windows 10: Hey friends..I'd really appreciate you to help me with this I just bought a new acer nitro 5 laptop but since I installed windows 10 on it some things seems to be wrong with it; first is about low and blurry graphic of softwares I installed, their installation, working...
  9. strange network problem

strange network problem: having changed location to a small office after having a talktalk connection which worked OK. I am now connected 4 PCs through a Switch and shared a printer without any problems as the Internet was from a Public connection in the same building each machine having its own wifi...
  10. Strange network connection problem

Strange network connection problem: In my workplace there are four computers, namely A, B, C and D. Computer A connects to B and C, but cannot connect to D. Computer B connects to C and D. Computer C connects to B and D. Computer D connects to C and B. Computer A runs windows 10, others run windows 7. All...