Windows 10: Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition

Discus and support Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; does anyone know the purpose of the 'OTHER' partition that is created by Windoze10 setup..? I understand that the other three are:- 1. recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by snadge, Jun 12, 2019.

1. snadge Win User

Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition

does anyone know the purpose of the 'OTHER' partition that is created by Windoze10 setup..? I understand that the other three are:-
    1. recovery partition
    2. boot partition
    3. installation partition

but I don't know what is on the other one?

anybody?

thanks

:)

snadge, Jun 12, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange Windows 10 'other' Partition - Similar Threads - Strange 'other' Partition

2. How to install windows 10 on a gpt partition without any other extra partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows 10 on a gpt partition without any other extra partitions?: Basically just a single partition if possible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-on-a-gpt-partition/e84da07d-c585-456d-b606-8e3353ffbd73
  3. "Other" partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Other" partition: Recently, don't ask why I got interested into disk partitions and stuff. So I downloaded a trusted partition manager from the internet. Apparently, it shows more partitions than Diskpart and Disk Manager! One of the is the "PortableBaseLaser" and another is just... "Other"...
  4. Strange partition created out of nowhere

Strange partition created out of nowhere: Hello. During disk optimization I encountered weird partition with the name of\\?\Volume{xxx}\ I tried to inspect it using some partitioning software but it won't let me do that. It has GBT table. Can you tell me what it is? I attached a screenshot and censored [I don't...
  5. Strange Partition Structure and Wasted Space Windows 10

Strange Partition Structure and Wasted Space Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my C drive that shows multiple partitions and it has basically isolated 16gbs on to a separate block that I cannot use at the moment. How do I merge this wasted space into the main free disk space partition PLEASE? Thanks and have a great week....
  6. Other partition safety through windows 10 upgrade

Other partition safety through windows 10 upgrade: Greetings, My Windows 10 are quite outdated and I need to do an upgrade through the Media Creation Tool. Because of how outdated my system is, the upgrade isn't allowing me to keep any of my files, apps and settings. My Windows are installed on C drive, but I also have a D...
  7. Strange partitions after hardware repair

Strange partitions after hardware repair: Hello everyone, I repaired my computer for damaged hardware, once I got it back my hard drive was partitioned strangely and I'm not sure how to fix it without paying for annoying hard drive management software. There are two instances of windows, they were copies of each...
  8. Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange small unallocated partition in Windows 10: Ok, so for my hard drive... it's been a wild ride... I first started partitioning my 2TB SATA Hard Drive for Hackintosh with multiple formats, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and a few disk checks... Recently I just deleted the other partitions and combined them into my...
  9. Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions

Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions: I am a relatively inexperienced computer user and am having many crashes at present, with various reasons given for the crashes. I am contemplating doing a reinstall of Windows 10 and saving no files,etc - a clean install! If I do this will the contents of my partitions named...
  10. 128 MB other partition

in Windows 10 Support
    128 MB other partition: Does anyone know what these 128 MB "other partitions" are that show up with Partition Wizard ? They do not show up in Disk Management. I`d like to delete them if possible. If it`s nothing to worry about, then I`ll just leave them be. Thanks, Brian *Smile 83251