Windows 10: Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues

Discus and support Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have some very weird issues with windows 10 pro. Since 3 days I experience: - window freezing. Suddenly I cant click or move any window.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarvinMichalski, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues

Hello,

I have some very weird issues with windows 10 pro. Since 3 days I experience:

- window freezing. Suddenly I cant click or move any window. But I can move my mouse pointer just fine. Opening the task manager fixes this issue and sometimes it fixes by itself.

- Taskbar completely frozen. I cant click anything or turn off the pc. I then can only turn off the PC though ctrl+alt+del.

- Flickering windows. Very subtile, but i can notice it.

- Now the weirdest part. When I play the game "valorant", eventho my voice-enable is set to Push-to-talk, my mic randomly activates and stays activated. It happend in every game, sometimes after i went on my desktop and back into the game.

Also my mouse once behaved weird, when the game didnt take mouse5 and mwheeldown input. Since I have my push-to-talk on mouse5 i changed it to left-alt, but the issue with the self-activation remained. The game itself runs fine with good fps.

My system sometimes works fine for a couple minutes before showing issues again.

I have tryed:

- Reinstalling windows several times. When I am in the windows setup it seems buggy aswell.

- Installing an older version of windows 10.

- windows RAM check tool

- resetting bios

- using only one RAM stick tested both, using the other RAM lanes

- Samsung magician SSD check

- using only the mouse as input device

- using different mouse

I have:

windows 10 pro 64bit version 2004

ryzen 3600, overclocked

2x8gb corsair 3200Mhz cl16, overclocked

gtx1080 lastest video drivers, overclocked

msi B350 tomahawk arctic latest bios, chipset was installed by windows

samsung 960 evo m.2

I think the all the issues started together with the 2002 version update, but im not sure. Also a clean install to the september 2019 version did not help.

Maybe someone has an idea, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

:)

MarvinMichalski, Jun 18, 2020

2. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues

About Game Explorer

Hi,

There is a way on how you can get the Game Explorer folder back on your Windows 10 if it is not available. To help you with this, kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + R keys simultaneously.
    • On the Run box, kindly type shell:games and press
      Enter.
    • The Games folder should be up on your screen after step 2.
    • On the taskbar, right-click the games folder and click
      Pin this program to taskbar

Following these steps should completely bring back the Game Explorer folder back on your list, just like what you have had on your Windows 7 before.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues

1. Strange windows explorer, taskbar and game issues - Similar Threads - Strange explorer taskbar

2. Issue with Windows Explorer & Taskbar constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Explorer & Taskbar constantly crashing: Hey guys, I’ve been having this issue for the past few weeks where I am unable to access anything with the windows explorer, my taskbar is consistently crashing; and any attempt at win+r or win+s is just met with the taskbar crashing again and nothing happening. I’ve tried...
  3. Strange icon in windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange icon in windows taskbar: There is a little white icon that almost looks like the silhouette of a man attached to the lower right hand corner of the apps in my windows taskbar. Any idea what this is? It appears on my chrome tab and two other tabs....
  4. Strange icon in windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange icon in windows taskbar: There is a little white icon that almost looks like the silhouette of a man attached to the lower right hand corner of the apps in my windows taskbar. Any idea what this is? It appears on my chrome tab and two other tabs....
  5. Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.: Just set Windows 10 up and i'm looking to make a few modifications. One that's bugging me is this. When you open Windows Explorer, the built in file/system browser, in Windows 7 and earlier, the icon for the window button that appears on the taskbar always showed a tan file...
  6. Strange issue with windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange issue with windows explorer: I have a strange issue with Windows explorer auto-refresh, like if create new file/folders, delete files /folders, etc not working until I refresh my screen using mouse right-click and choosing refresh, I notice this issue only when one drive for the business is running, if...
  7. Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Windows Explorer Issues in W10: Hello all. Looking to diagnose and troubleshoot (and hopefully fix) an issue with my Toshiba Satellite (A665-S6086) laptop running W10. As a preface to my short ramble: I have my important files, for the most part, backed up in triplicate on external hard drives. There are...
  8. Strange taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange taskbar issues: Hello all, I have tried restarting the computer and then also restarting explorer.exe and neither have worked. First my taskbar will randomly show over a fullscreen game, fullscreen YouTube video or even over my work Citrix environment. It is completely random and no real...
  9. Strange Windows Explorer 'not responding' issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange Windows Explorer 'not responding' issue: I've been having issues with Windows Explorer that seems to happen every other day, but have not been able to diagnose what the problem is - nor can I tell what my computer is telling me what the problem is. For no apparent reason, Windows Explorer stops working (but the...
  10. strange issues with windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    strange issues with windows: Hello, I just re-installed windows 10 64 bit. I cannot install Chrome (says chrome needs a windows update but there is none) I cannot install adobe acrobat (installation failed) I cannot run any troubleshooting / wizards (such as - right click on a network card and...