Windows 10: Strange Windows Update issue that's creating what seems like an impossible exit.

Discus and support Strange Windows Update issue that's creating what seems like an impossible exit. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'll TRY and keep this short but whats happening is I am being prompted quite regularly to update, and I would love too but I cant. I've been trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IIEleven11, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Strange Windows Update issue that's creating what seems like an impossible exit.

I'll TRY and keep this short but whats happening is I am being prompted quite regularly to update, and I would love too but I cant. I've been trying for weeks now. It used to say there was a service error, a specific service wasn't started or something like that. At this time the update would get to 10% then stop and then error out. Somehow I fixed that, now the update gets to 99% then starts back at 0% goes to around 70% and errors out with "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0xc0000005". So I did some google searching and i'm pointed to use the trouble shooter, but when I run that, it crashes with the error "Validating the integrity of the troubleshooter failed".
    I do some more google searching and i try and change to the "Dev Channel", no luck. Then I realize i'm supposed to have Dev channel turned off. I try that and no change I tried all three insider options. So whats weird is I'm being told I need to update because of the channel i'm in but its the channel itself that isn't letting me update. So no matter what I do it will come full circle and point to these two issues.
    I have run SFC /Scannow and it says I do have corruption that cannot be fixed. I tried it more then 3 or 4 times to no avail.ChkDSK comes back clean and DISM scan/check/restore healthcomes back clean. I downloaded EaseUS Partition Manager and did the disk check, it came back clean as well. So finally I decided, ok I'll use the media creation tool BUT... I cant back up anything because every time i try and go into explorer my USB Thumb drive isn't showing up, I then go into device manager and I get"An administrator has blocked you from running this app...mmc.exe...". I am the administrator, its my PC. This error also appears withEvent Viewer and a few other windows built in tools. This is by-passed by selecting "run as administrator" for specific applications while others will continue to throw the error. I can further enter in some of these applications with the use of "Tweaking.com's Advanced System Tweaker".
    I do not want to and cannot do an in place upgrade without backing up my files. So i'm pretty stuck here, as you can see I have tried a lot. I did contact a Windows or Microsoft live support agent and he brought me to my motherboards ASUS website and had me download a bunch of outdated drivers and executables for stuff I don't want or need then told me if it didn't work to use the media creation tool. All of my drivers are up to date and i'm getting no yellow exclamation points in device manager. I'm tired of searching through google. I've made some more elaborate attempts in powershell andcmd with no luck as well. I have run Malwarebytes, Windows Defender,Rogue Killer, TDSSKiller, andWMRT. I think I can rule out virus/malware/rootkit maybe. Please anyone that can help it would be greatly appreciated. The update prompt interrupts over all windows even in game or full screen video. It actually minimizes my entire game to tell me this. Its quite annoying. Thank you. Oh and what i'm running is:
    - Windows 10 Home. Version 2004, Build 19640.1. Intel i7-7700non-k CPU, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, 1TB WD Blue HDD, and 256GB PNY M2 NvME SSD, Cooler Master 240 AIO, 16 GB DDR4 3000 mhz Oly Ram XMP enabled. If needed I can produce CBS logs or pictures of anything.

:)

IIEleven11, Aug 5, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows Update issue that's creating what seems like an impossible exit.

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Strange Windows Update issue that's creating what seems like an impossible exit. :(

Zakin, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Strange Windows Update issue that's creating what seems like an impossible exit.

1. Strange Windows Update issue that's creating what seems like an impossible exit. - Similar Threads - Strange Update issue

2. Creating New Folder impossible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating New Folder impossible.: Hello!I am unable to create a new folder, neither with right-click nor the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N, nor through the Explorer menu's New+. I checked the Registry Editor, and the 'Folder' command line appears to be in order. What should I do?...
  3. Impossibility to exit from S Mode in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossibility to exit from S Mode in Windows 11.: Hello, I've been having troubles to switching out of S mode in my Windows 11. I followed the steps provided by Microsoft: Setting - Activation - Open Store. But when I open the store, it doesn't work As shown in the attachment. I have tried restoring MStore but still no...
  4. Impossibility to exit from S Mode in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossibility to exit from S Mode in Windows 11.: Hello, I've been having troubles to switching out of S mode in my Windows 11. I followed the steps provided by Microsoft: Setting - Activation - Open Store. But when I open the store, it doesn't work As shown in the attachment. I have tried restoring MStore but still no...
  5. Cannot Log Into Laptop after what seemed like an update?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Log Into Laptop after what seemed like an update?: So I was just chilling and some weird windows update happens by its own on my laptop. I am told to sign in to my microsoft account to log in not my laptop password. I forgot my windows password. I request a reset of my microsoft password. I dont reset my password for 30...
  6. Contacting Microsoft seems to be impossible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacting Microsoft seems to be impossible: Microsoft issues again! following updates, regularly problems in performance of Windows, impossible to get a real person to assist, 4 phone numbers, only received phone charges, cut off, the online service for help does not connect always 1 waiting.....spent 10 hours trying...
  7. Windows Update, Put It back to what seems like a reset but files are still here...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update, Put It back to what seems like a reset but files are still here...: After an update I try loading into windows, but when I logged on all my applications weren't available.It also reset my personalization, like backgrounds and themes. However, my files were still on the drives I could open them and such, but all my applications weren't able to...
  8. Strange Update issue thats creating what seems like an impossible exit.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange Update issue thats creating what seems like an impossible exit.: I'll TRY and keep this short but whats happening is I am being prompted quite regularly to update, and I would love too but I cant. I've been trying for weeks now. It used to say there was a service error, a specific service wasn't started or something like that. At this time...
  9. Seemed like a Mission Impossible Countdown at the end

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seemed like a Mission Impossible Countdown at the end: Good Day All while having a cold one in Bahrain in it's Fine Chief's Club i did the check for updates and it said 1903 was ready for me it's 4PM so i say OK lets go it took around 3 hrs over there wifi to download so that made it 7pm+- after that i figured 2+ hrs to set up...
  10. Strange update issue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update issue...: Notwithstanding this is still beta, some strange stuff with updates... got this from a Defender update... [img] Then on reboot... it gave me the 'baby blue screen' with the usual " :( windows needs to restart... blah, blah" On restart all OK ... [img] Other...