Windows 10: Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free

Discus and support Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; i have Macrium Reflect Free and im doing a full backup for my Windows 10 Intsall i have My windows 10 Installed on my Sansung 850 SSD and also I have 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yafatana, Jun 12, 2019.

1. yafatana Win User

Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free

i have Macrium Reflect Free
    and im doing a full backup for my Windows 10 Intsall
    i have My windows 10 Installed on my Sansung 850 SSD
    and also I have 3 hdd Drives
    1 -4 tb Western Digital black
    2-2 tb Western digital black
    3-2 tb Western digital black

i did 3 backups For my Windows 10 Instal
    on each of my hdd Drives
    on my 4tb Drive the Write speed was 2.7 Gb/s
    but on my 2 tb Drives
    I got 27 Gb/s Write Speed and 12.7 Gb/s Write Speed
    is that a bug or Normal ? How Can that even possible 27 Gb/s Write Speed ?
    this is an image showing the 27 Gb/s Write Speed

Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free [​IMG]

:)

yafatana, Jun 12, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free - Similar Threads - Strange Write Speed

2. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  3. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules

Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules: All, Thanks to this site's recommendation, I have downloaded and configured MR Free for System images. I have it scheduled to do Monthly Full & Weekly differentials. I can't understand the Retention Rules? Here is my default set up. [img] But when I go to the log of...
  6. Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.

Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.: I had no problem when I had/used Reflect on Windows 8/8.1. Now that I've upgraded to 10, I can't get Reflect to work at all. I followed the directions to the letter on their website. I use disk part exactly as they say. Then 1 of 2 things happen when I try to create rescue...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310