Windows 10: Strange yet possibly simple issue

Discus and support Strange yet possibly simple issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A strange thing happened when I right clicked chrome to open a new tab. One of the options was stuck highlighted as seen here. Now while this was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DewjThePikmin, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Strange yet possibly simple issue

A strange thing happened when I right clicked chrome to open a new tab. One of the options was stuck highlighted as seen here.

Now while this was just a little annoying, I've found it also affects the start menu. I can right click items in the start menu but when searching for something like command prompt, the right click menu instantly closes.

It doesn't happen when booted into safe mode and a sfc scan didn't find any corrupted files. It seems to be stuck wanting to select whatever's highlighted as I can't change the selected item with the arrow keys.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/DewjThePikmin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DewjThePikmin, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Strange yet possibly simple issue

Strange issue

Hello BeCe,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Since you've tried using another portable keyboard and it works fine, there's high possibility that your previous keyboard is defective. The cable could've probably loose that's why you keep on hearing continuous sound of a device being disconnected and
      connected. Try using another (3rd) keyboard for us to make sure that it's hardware related.
    • Verify the website that you've accessed prior to this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Strange yet possibly simple issue

1. Strange yet possibly simple issue - Similar Threads - Strange yet possibly

2. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  3. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus: This box started popping up on my screen. I click the X to close it but it pops up again a few minutes later. Is it a virus? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-up-possible-virus/d7c800a9-f13b-40da-89dd-36a3a24415d0
  4. Strange Pop-Up - Possible Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A strange issue: Hi all, I can't upload photos to reddit via my personal pc but I can via my phone or another pc. I have the Killer Control E2500 and at first I thought that the killer center is making this problem so I uninstalled it and installed only the driver but it didn't work as well....
  6. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange issue: My machine seemingly randomly makes the device disconnected chime. Anyone else have this problem. submitted by /u/Beezlebub405 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj82na/strange_issue/
  7. Simple questions, simple issues, no answers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple questions, simple issues, no answers: Hello. 1) Why all Microsoft troubleshooting utilities ends in errors? Nothing of built-in utilities never solved my problem. 2) Why do you shut down MS Store on W8.1 and it says, please try again later. Why it cannot say, Sorry, were closed forever? 3) Why is there such...
  8. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue: I have very strange issue. In Monday I opened very image heavy page. The processor went to 90% and the memory over 2GB. Appeared a continuous sound like when I disconnect and connect USB deice. The keyboard stopped writing then continued and so on. When I closed the heavy...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue: Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't. How can I tackle this issue? 37436