Windows 10: Strangers name on PC

Discus and support Strangers name on PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i originally posted this in the Apps mail section, but it now seems to be a wider problem. The PC belongs to my sister and she has asked me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnYoungs1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Strangers name on PC

Hi,

i originally posted this in the Apps mail section, but it now seems to be a wider problem. The PC belongs to my sister and she has asked me for help.

On W10 mail there is a menu pane on the left this shows the e mail accounts that W10 mail is acting on. This should be my sisters e mail account, but it is not, its someone completely different !

She now tells me that when she tried to use OneNote it asked what account she wanted to use and suggested the same strangers name that shows in the W10 account. So it seems the "strangers " name is somehow on her PC.

She bought the laptop new some years ago and no one else has used it. Its very unlikely that she would have set W10 mail up using a strangers e mail address, so is there any way this can have happened? And how can she restore the Pc & W10 mail to her own name?

Thanks for any help

John

:)

JohnYoungs1, Nov 25, 2020
  2. krutchan Win User

Suddenly there's a strangers name on my windows login screen

One thing nobody mentions is after a windows 10 update, if you click on the same word 5 times, a hidden retail demo mode will put another name and state on the login screen. If you use your password, good luck. From then on the stranger becomes you.
    However, the above steps fixed the problem for me. A case of same irritant, different unseen road problem.

krutchan, Nov 25, 2020
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Strangers name on PC

Family group stranger

How is it possible that a stranger signed into my family account and under their name it says "Send money"??? What kind of security is this????

AnnetteHorner, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Strangers name on PC

1. Strangers name on PC - Similar Threads - Strangers name

2. A stranger as a group organizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stranger as a group organizer: Hello, Today I noticed that I had parental control on my browser, and when I looked into it, it turned out that I was a member of Microsoft Family and its organizer was an unknown person. I immediately left the group without checking any of this person's information. Now I...
  3. A stranger as a group organizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A stranger as a group organizer: Hello, Today I noticed that I had parental control on my browser, and when I looked into it, it turned out that I was a member of Microsoft Family and its organizer was an unknown person. I immediately left the group without checking any of this person's information. Now I...
  4. A stranger added me to their family account and make me have screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A stranger added me to their family account and make me have screen time: A completely random stranger added me to their family because they somehow know my account and give me screen time which it í four dang minutes and I want to remove my own screen time or remove myself from their family account...
  5. A stranger added me to their family account and make me have screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stranger added me to their family account and make me have screen time: A completely random stranger added me to their family because they somehow know my account and give me screen time which it í four dang minutes and I want to remove my own screen time or remove myself from their family account...
  6. A stranger added me to their family account and make me have screen time

7. Remove child from stranger's family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove child from stranger's family account: How can I remove my child from a stranger's family account? I wanted to add him to my family group but he was already added to some unknown group. There is no option to leave the group when logged into his account....
  8. Remove child from stranger's family account

Remove child from stranger's family account: How can I remove my child from a stranger's family account? I wanted to add him to my family group but he was already added to some unknown group. There is no option to leave the group when logged into his account....
  9. Some stranger hacked my account and made himself Admin . I know his name . What can I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some stranger hacked my account and made himself Admin . I know his name . What can I do?: Some stranger hacked my account and made himself Admin . I know his name . What can I do? He constantly steals every download , keylogges and spreads misinformation . And stealls all my services like netflix HD TV MY PERSONAL INTELLECTUAL MUSIC CREDIENTALS emails and even the...
  10. Names of complete strangers somehow stored in my Microsoft Edge profiles/personal info?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Names of complete strangers somehow stored in my Microsoft Edge profiles/personal info?: With exception to the one item blacked out, I have never heard of, seen, or typed out any of these names which are somehow stored and linked within my Microsoft Edge or my Microsoft Account, not sure which. Could this be related to some form of malware? I have used Microsoft...