Windows 10: Strangers name on PC

Discus and support Strangers name on PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i originally posted this in the Apps mail section, but it now seems to be a wider problem. The PC belongs to my sister and she has asked me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnYoungs1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Strangers name on PC

Hi,

i originally posted this in the Apps mail section, but it now seems to be a wider problem. The PC belongs to my sister and she has asked me for help.

On W10 mail there is a menu pane on the left this shows the e mail accounts that W10 mail is acting on. This should be my sisters e mail account, but it is not, its someone completely different !

She now tells me that when she tried to use OneNote it asked what account she wanted to use and suggested the same strangers name that shows in the W10 account. So it seems the "strangers " name is somehow on her PC.

She bought the laptop new some years ago and no one else has used it. Its very unlikely that she would have set W10 mail up using a strangers e mail address, so is there any way this can have happened? And how can she restore the Pc & W10 mail to her own name?

Thanks for any help

John

:)

JohnYoungs1, Nov 25, 2020
  2. krutchan Win User

Suddenly there's a strangers name on my windows login screen

One thing nobody mentions is after a windows 10 update, if you click on the same word 5 times, a hidden retail demo mode will put another name and state on the login screen. If you use your password, good luck. From then on the stranger becomes you.
    However, the above steps fixed the problem for me. A case of same irritant, different unseen road problem.

krutchan, Nov 25, 2020
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Strangers name on PC

Family group stranger

How is it possible that a stranger signed into my family account and under their name it says "Send money"??? What kind of security is this????

AnnetteHorner, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Strangers name on PC

1. Strangers name on PC - Similar Threads - Strangers name

2. My Lenovo IdeaPad Model Name: 82GV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Lenovo IdeaPad Model Name: 82GV: I recently purchased this laptop and it has windows 10 which it came with and made me set up with. However the camera quality is very bad, this is not good as I have to use zoom for my classes and the host is not able to see me very well. How can I improve the camera quality?...
  3. My Local User Account Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Local User Account Name: I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other. Unfortunately, I set it up once before and then deleted it for a reason that I won't go into.. So I tried to set it up again a few days later and it will not allow me to...
  4. A stranger in my library?

in Windows 10 Support
    A stranger in my library?: Hi, I've just recently bought a new notebook running on Windows 10, which is new to me. So I'm discovering and may just ask a silly thing. In putting my programs and files on this device I discovered that all of a sudden an icon with my user name (see attachment) appeared...
  5. how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i reset my computer if i am donating it to stranger?: I WANT TO RESET MY DESKTOP AND WANT TO REMOVE EVERYTHING ON THE HARD DRIVE. HOW DO I RESET IT ITS FACTORY SETTINGS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-if-i-am-donating-it-to/a4fd9a80-6071-4f1a-a21a-7edc2dd7eb37
  6. New Stranger Things 3 inspired Windows 1.11 app on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    New Stranger Things 3 inspired Windows 1.11 app on Microsoft Store: [img] Microsoft originally tweeted out a promotional video for Windows 1.0. Now, Microsoft has tweeted about a Windows 1.11 app in the Microsoft Store: With Windows 1.11, experience 1985 nostalgia with a special edition PC app inspired by Windows 1.0 and Stranger Things...
  7. Family group stranger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family group stranger: How is it possible that a stranger signed into my family account and under their name it says "Send money"??? What kind of security is this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group-stranger/1af7ad45-880e-4b09-ab34-0d7bac61cda4"
  8. how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can I prevent a stranger from trying to connect to my computer using my bluetooth: I just wasted another half an hour of my time trying to get online help via online chat with a Microsoft representative. It appears that someone is trying to gain access to my computer. I continue to get notifications about this. I want it to stop. I see I can't even upload a...
  9. Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default: This is the most troubling thing I've come across since I've begun installing Win10 across my school's network. Win10 has a new feature that allows you to share Microsoft's burden for updating other systems, either only on your own network, or on the internet in general....
  10. E3 2017: Making Friends With Strangers on the Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 News
    E3 2017: Making Friends With Strangers on the Sea of Thieves: rbE8BnO6oug Communication is key. That’s the biggest thing to know when sitting down to play Sea of Thieves, which we had chance to do today at E3 2017. Our group was comprised of complete strangers as we each sat down to take on the persona of a colorful pirate with...