Windows 10: Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss?

Discus and support Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, as the headline says, any chance to move to the regular builds (1809 when it is released) without setting everything up new from scratch?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vel2000, Sep 20, 2018.

1. vel2000 Win User

Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss?

Hi guys,
    as the headline says, any chance to move to the regular builds (1809 when it is released) without setting everything up new from scratch?
    Something like an inplace-up/downgrade?
    I'm on 18242.1000 now, but intend to use this machine now as a"HTPC", so no more need for insider-builds.
    (And to be honest, I'm fed up, too...)
    Any ideas?
    thanks in advance.

:)

vel2000, Sep 20, 2018

2. Converting from Win 10 Insider Pro Build to regular Win 10 Pro

Have been a participant in the Win 10 Insider Program, but now wish to convert to the regular public version of Win 10 Pro on this computer. Tried stopping builds, then converting back, but no apparent changes occurred. Any suggestions?

W R Griffin, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    My Windows 10 version keeps showing me as version 1607, Build 14393.1593

Hi,

Since you mentioned that your computer is on Version 1607, it's not set to receive updates for Version 1703, Creators Update. Additionally, Windows 10 Build 16257 is an Insider build that only those who joined the Insider Program will receive. If you are
    interested in the Insider Program, we suggest checking this
    article
    by our MVP Andre Da Costa that contains steps for installing Insider Builds. If you want to upgrade to Creators Update and not the Insider Build, follow the steps listed

here

Note: Before making any changes to your computer, create a backup of your files to prevent data loss.

Let us know if you have any other concerns regarding Windows 10 builds.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss?

Windows 10 Build 10568 for non-insiders

Hey Microsoft Community,

I want to know if Windows 10 Build 10568 is available. I am very curious to use it because it contains CORTANA and many more new capabilities. I didn't want to install it as an insider because this is my regular PC and contains very important datas. So please
    suggest me how can I get it.

Thanks & Regards

B K Shuklabaidya

Bimal Kanti Shuklabaidya, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss?

1. Strategy to move from insider to regular build, without data loss? - Similar Threads - Strategy move insider

2. Need to downgrade to windows10-without data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to downgrade to windows10-without data loss: Need to go back to windows 10, I had installed windows 11 in a uncomeatable device but i think it is making processor 100% usage which not good . I have iso file in my pen drive Also need to know which is better...
  3. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  4. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  5. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PC Working on Insider Build but not Regular Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Working on Insider Build but not Regular Build: Hello Everyone, I am working on troubleshooting a PC. The computer is getting stuck on the boot screen loading circle where it freezes and doe not do anything. After lots of troubleshooting swapping every component in the computer and getting nowhere I figured I would try...
  7. Revert from insider builds without losing data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert from insider builds without losing data?: Hi, it's probably a really simple question, but the internet is full of contradictory answers, so: Can i somehow revert from the latest insider build either to a stable or beta build without loosing my apps and data? Thanks! submitted by /u/ishamm [link] [comments]...
  8. Data loss when moving partions in Paragon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data loss when moving partions in Paragon: [IMG] If I move the Ubuntu partion to the left of my unallocated space(see diagram) will I lose all my data including the os?? https://preview.redd.it/48owez6ko2n41.png?width=1012&format=png&auto=webp&s=7bb089a75baf5568ce92cb96925a28baa1e276ba submitted by...
  9. recovering gpt partition without data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovering gpt partition without data loss: i had a faulty mbr on an external backup drive so i ran partition magic fixmbr routine unfortunately it requires a restart to fix the drive, when i restarted it fixed my windows gpt drive not the external usb connected mbr drive. i need help with dos syntax to repair the boot...
  10. Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy: Microsoft Research, its Developer Experience team and its Applications and Services Group are all building out pieces of the company's evolving bot platform. Here's what's under the hood. Tomorrow, Facebook is expected to roll out new bot-related programming interfaces and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move from insider build to regular