Windows 10: Streaking/smearing graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support Streaking/smearing graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having the same issue with Windows File Explorer since I purchased Dell XPS 15 9570 a litlle less than a year ago. There was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tvindi, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Tvindi Win User

Streaking/smearing graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer

Hello,

I've been having the same issue with Windows File Explorer since I purchased Dell XPS 15 9570 a litlle less than a year ago. There was numerous problems with the system and it took Dell almost a full year to fix everything, changing multiple parts several times, however, one of the issues still persists, which is the streaking/smearing/laggy graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer. Regardless of me repeating to Dell that this might be a software/OS related issue, Dell has changed the motherboard with integrated CPU and graphics 3 times (not solely because of this issue, but nonetheless). After a year of back and forth with Dell and fixing one issue after another, the computer now does work flawlessly on the hardware side and Windows 10 has been clean installed two weeks ago (and is up to date with the latest version of 1809), however, the scrolling issue persists.

The streaking/smearing/laggy graphics when scrolling is only present in Windows 10's File Explorer and nowhere else. I have extensively tried to find solution online but I cannot find the exact problem explicitly related to the File Explorer. Here is the link to the problem: https://youtu.be/3umLNBRpSt0

The issue with scrolling is only present when using the touchpad. When I connect the external mouse the issue is gone.

About the system:

Dell XPS 9570

4K Touch 15" Display

Intel i7-8750H 8th Gen 2.20 GHz

32 GB RAM

SSD Storage

All drivers and BIOS are up to date.

Thank you for your help!

:)

Tvindi, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Scroll Problems with File Explorer in Window 10

I have a new install of Windows 10 in an Acer laptop. A new problem cropped up that didn't exist with Windows 8 or 8.1. I cannot scroll down a file list in File Explorer without the cursor popping back to the top of the list. As soon as I stop scrolling
    in any list, be it Downloads, Documents, or even in the Picture files, the file view will jump back to the top of the page. This makes selecting a file near impossible.

I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse, but get the same results when using the on board scroll pad, or even just the down arrow key. I have tried the fixes listed in the data base that were suggested for other versions of Windows, like Windows 7 and Vista,
    but neither fix has solved the problem.

There has to be an existing bug in W 10 that was never quite resolved in previous versions. I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 10 Home version.

HELP!

MartyW9300, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Streaking/smearing graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Streaking smearing graphics

2. White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White lines following files in file explorer when scrolling down.: When scrolling down in File Explorer I have these white lines following me. It happens only in File Explorer and nowhere else and only in that bottom left corner....
  3. File explorer scrolls automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer scrolls automatically: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  4. File Explorer Scroll Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Scroll Lag: Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only experiencing this issue on my file explorer. I already reinstalled my GPU drivers but I have been unsuccessful in fixing this issue....
  5. Windows Explorer slow when scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer slow when scrolling: Hello, I'm new to win 10 and coming from Mac OS X and I'm having an issue with the windows explorer. When I'm scrolling in the very left window of the explorer it's very slow. the right window has a normal behavior. what can I do to scroll as fast in the file tree as I...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Scroll Smearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 File Explorer Scroll Smearing: Here is a demonstration of the problem: https://streamable.com/oio4x8 The problem appears to be caused by smooth scrolling within Windows File Explorer. When you use a trackpad it automatically smooths the scroll animation and that causes the visual glitch. If you click the...
  7. File Explorer crashes when scrolling.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when scrolling.: When i right click any folder on the sidebar e.g. Quick Access folders and scroll down the explorer just crashes. When i right click on a quick access folder it crashes when i get to "unpin from quick access". When i right click a folder under "this pc", it crashes when i...
  8. File Explorer scrolling issue

File Explorer scrolling issue: Whenever scrolling down the page of files whether it's word docs, music, photos, etc. my screen will automatically without provocation scroll back to the top of the page. When renaming files it is very problematic. Is there a solution?...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer left pane display issue when scrolling

Windows 10 File Explorer left pane display issue when scrolling: Hello I've noticed some sort of display issue when scrolling down the tree view on the left pane of the file explorer. When scrolling down, the text for the bottom entry (file or folder etc) becomes slightly stretched. It' looks quite glitchy. Has anyone experienced...
  10. scrolling in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling in File Explorer: My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or just to look at it... the scroll bar on the right goes right back up to the top. Windows 8 and 8.1 did the same. It is so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dell windows 10 File Explorer scrolling left side

2. windows explorer scrolling graphics

3. text smearing while scrolling

4. streaking on display windows 10,
  5. windows 10 screen streaking,
  6. windows freeze scrolling explorer,
  7. Dell windows 10 File Explorer scrolling,
  8. scrolling file explorer in windows 10