Windows 10: STREAM HDR starts on its own when starting games, even though it is off

Discus and support STREAM HDR starts on its own when starting games, even though it is off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically, whenever I enter a game of league, for example, the brightness goes all the way up and the image gets sharper, getting the HDR effect. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/koaxl, Sep 11, 2020.

1. /u/koaxl Win User

STREAM HDR starts on its own when starting games, even though it is off

So basically, whenever I enter a game of league, for example, the brightness goes all the way up and the image gets sharper, getting the HDR effect. I tried turning off the option and restart, it wont work. It used to turn on by itself whenever I would go full screen on a youtube video, but it somehow stopped now. Still does it for games. Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/koaxl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/koaxl, Sep 11, 2020

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Sep 11, 2020
  3. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

Hi Mohammed AlJasim,

We determined the issue and found out that your computer specs and graphics card are highly capable of enabling HDR and running a 4K video.

Since you've already tested this on Sony TV and its perfectly working fine, we suggest that you
    contact your other TV manufacturer’s support team (which is
    BenQ) directly for confirmation if this TV is really capable for
    streaming HDR videos in Netflix or not.

To know how to contact them, you can visit this link:
    BenQ Support.

Netflix has a feature to auto-detect the capability monitors or TVs if they can stream HDR videos or not.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Johann Eva, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to get started viewing and streaming with Mixer

Source: Windows 10 Tip: How to get started viewing and streaming with Mixer - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. STREAM HDR starts on its own when starting games, even though it is off - Similar Threads - STREAM HDR starts

2. Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual": Hello,So I was looking at my task manager as I always do when I start my PC and today I saw something unusual. Now, it may have always been there and that I didn't notice it earlier but Windows Installer Service is running in the background not as a system process but as a...
  3. Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual": Hello,So I was looking at my task manager as I always do when I start my PC and today I saw something unusual. Now, it may have always been there and that I didn't notice it earlier but Windows Installer Service is running in the background not as a system process but as a...
  4. Windows Installer Service Auto Starts even though its set to "Manual"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my computer starts by its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why my computer starts by its own?: Pls can anyone help? submitted by /u/Qwr631 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx61cp/why_my_computer_starts_by_its_own/
  6. MSFT STARTS TO MAKE ITS OWN CHIPS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSFT STARTS TO MAKE ITS OWN CHIPS: I DONT RECOMMEND THIS, and MY PILOTS WILL BOMB SEATLLE STICK WITH THE 1990 Alliance, or you are Fired David Scotty you are up next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msft-starts-to-make-its-own-chips/6c9dff61-06b1-437e-9dc8-53d2f5cd3186"
  7. Failure to start windows completely, power cycles on its own, starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure to start windows completely, power cycles on its own, starts: Ok, so my computer has started to do something weird on startup. Sometimes it fully boots normally on the first try. Great! About half the time, though, it does not. It gets to the part where you get the windows logo and the spinning semi-circle of white dots, and then...
  8. Program wont start though its in system start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Program wont start though its in system start up: I recently updated my 4 year old acer laptop to win10. I have a calender program called "windates" I placed a short cut in the system startup folder but the program does not start when I boot up my laptop. I did put a short cut on the desktop which works fine. Everything else...
  9. Windows 10 starting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starting on its own: I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No...
  10. Computer starts on its own after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer starts on its own after shutdown: Several times since getting my new tower computer I have come to it in the evening and found it switched on. I thought I must have left it in Sleep mode by mistake but I have been checking it carefully of late and although I switch it OFF at the set switch it does come on...