Windows 10: "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes"

Discus and support "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Philips HDR monitor. When I go to "Windows HD Color settings" for that display, I see the following: [ATTACH] What exactly does that mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markJ7, Aug 24, 2019.

1. markJ7 Win User

"Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes"

I have a Philips HDR monitor. When I go to "Windows HD Color settings" for that display, I see the following:

"Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes" 021222e1-5867-4469-ae82-eae9ad8df150?upload=true.png

What exactly does that mean? What's the issue with HDR video? How can a display support HDR games and apps, but not HDR video? The display does support HDCP 2.2.

:)

markJ7, Aug 24, 2019

2. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

Hi Mohammed AlJasim,

We determined the issue and found out that your computer specs and graphics card are highly capable of enabling HDR and running a 4K video.

Since you've already tested this on Sony TV and its perfectly working fine, we suggest that you
    contact your other TV manufacturer’s support team (which is
    BenQ) directly for confirmation if this TV is really capable for
    streaming HDR videos in Netflix or not.

To know how to contact them, you can visit this link:
    BenQ Support.

Netflix has a feature to auto-detect the capability monitors or TVs if they can stream HDR videos or not.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Johann Eva, Aug 24, 2019
  3. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

I have a strange issue with HDR,

My setup is:

- BenQ EW3270U 31.5" 4K HDR

- Nvidia 1080 Ti

- Intel i7 8700k

- Maximus X hero wifi

- 32 GB Ram

I can enable "HDR and WCG" from display settings no problem, I can also stream HDR 4k from youtube and play HDR 4k Games,

The only problem is I can't enable Stream HDR Video in Video playback settings so I can stream HDR from Netflix, the option is there but grayed out and a message saying "We didn't find any displays set up for HDR video " .

I can stream 4k from Netflix but not HDR which I should be able to.

** side note If I connect my PC to Sony X850D 4k HDR tv I can stream HDR from Netflix, but not with the Benq Monitor

here is my dxdiag log for display section

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B06&SUBSYS_85EA1043&REV_A1

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 27458 MB

Dedicated Memory: 11127 MB

Shared Memory: 16331 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Supported

Display Topology: Internal

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020

Color Primaries: Red(0.685070,0.310070), Green(0.260266,0.685070), Blue(0.150891,0.060070), White Point(0.313977,0.329602)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.087940, Max Luminance = 295.365234, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 259.367920

Monitor Name: BenQ EW3270U

Monitor Model: BenQ EW3270U

Monitor Id: BNQ7950

Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)

Output Type: Displayport External

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_NONGDI

Advanced Color: AdvancedColorSupported AdvancedColorEnabled

Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvldumdx.dll

Driver File Version: 24.21.0013.9907 (English)

Driver Version: 24.21.13.9907

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.4

Graphics Preemption: Pixel

Compute Preemption: Dispatch

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Mohammed AlJasim, Aug 24, 2019
  4. "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes"

(17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model of your both monitors?
    3. As you have given multiple versions of Windows 10, is this issue occurring on multiple computers?

Not all displays are optimized for HDR. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display that’s not optimized for HDR, you’ll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) as soon as new content starts to play.

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10, your external display and Windows 10 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific PC or external display, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

It might be that one of your monitors doesn’t' support HDR, so I suggest you to refer
    Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 and check
    if your monitors support HDR.

You may also refer Stream HDR video on Windows 10 and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

"Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes"

1. "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes" - Similar Threads - Stream HDR video

2. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  3. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  4. How to get HDR video streaming to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get HDR video streaming to work?: I'm trying to enable HDR video streaming, the setting page says that it is supported, and the display meets the requirements listed in the support page, but when i try to enable it, the preview doesn't change, and if i change any other setting, like the SDR brightness, the...
  5. How to get HDR video streaming to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get HDR video streaming to work?: I'm trying to enable HDR video streaming, the setting page says that it is supported, and the display meets the requirements listed in the support page, but when i try to enable it, the preview doesn't change, and if i change any other setting, like the SDR brightness, the...
  6. USE HDR Streaming = No

in Windows 10 Customization
    USE HDR Streaming = No: I have a Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH - i5 8259U with the Iris 655+ on board graphics chip. This combination should support 4K HDR.I acquired a Samsung LS32AM702UNXZA monitor - HDR10 capable.I have the Samsung driver for the monitor installed. According to DXDIAG compared against MS...
  7. HDR causing flashing borders / banners when streaming video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR causing flashing borders / banners when streaming video: [ATTACH] In Windows 10 with HDR enabled, I have a problem when streaming video. There are shaded banners top and bottom that flash on and off multiple times before disappearing. They do go away but will start flashing again if I touch the mouse. It's very irritating and I...
  8. Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Carbon_Trioxide [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6mirc/is_there_a_way_to_change_hdr_settings_i_have/
  9. HDR streaming not turning on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR streaming not turning on.: My laptop is supporting HDR steaming but when i try to turn it on it crashes. i tried with power supply on in laptop. now i don't know what i have to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-streaming-not-turning-on/cae4ebbd-37c5-4a35-986c-f6fa7eb6c4ff
  10. Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Stream HDR video for a Display on Windows 10 You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 device has a display thats optimized for HDR...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam hdr video no

2. windows 10 stream hdr video no capability

3. stream hdr no

4. windows stream hdr video no