Windows 10: Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink

Discus and support Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you’ve already upgraded to the latest Windows 10, you can now stream music from your Android, iPhone, and feature phone to your PC’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 7, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink

WinClub, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Angelo Win User

Bluetooth audio from an iPhone to windows 10 PC (A2DP sink)

I was able to do this in Windows 7, but now I have a Windows 10 PC and I can't get it to work. The iPhone is running iOS 11.4 and the PC has Windows 10 with latest updates (version 1709, OS Build 16299.431)

What I want to do is to be able to make music/podcasts on my iPhone play through the speakers on my PC using a bluetooth connection between them.

I have been able to pair my phone to the PC using the "Bluetooth & other devices" dialog as shown in the first screenshot. It appears in the control panel as a bluetooth device second screenshot and I can connect to the PC from the phone using Settings/Bluetooth. The problem is that I can't play audio from the iphone using the PC speakers. When I try, the iPhone just plays through its internal speakers.

Can anyone walk me through how to do this? Am I describing this functionality correctly?

1. Screen showing the iPhone is connected.

Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink nEfaml.jpg

2. Screen showing device details.

Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink fGLXol.jpg

3. Screenshot showing Bluetooth details on the iPhone.

Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink YzLNCl.jpg

4. But the iPhone does not appear as an input device in sound settings:

Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink sbCIol.png

5. The Bluetooth adaptor is from Intel, latest firmware:

Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink h87OH.png

This question is distinct from the other that was cited because it describes the specific feature I am interested in the title, playing audio from iPhone to PC over bluetooth. The other question only refers to this as A2DP sink-- that's not a name that people can be expected to understand without familiarity with the complex bluetooth standards. The other question does go on to state that this is the audio streaming feature, but it wasn't findable when I started this question (didn't know what A2DP sink was until recently).

Angelo, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Is there any way to make Windows 10 act as a A2DP sink?

Windows 10 has a Bluetooth Stack included and recognizes most Bluetooth Sticks without any problems. However, while Windows does support A2DP, it does not act as a sink and therefore, you cannot e.g. stream Audio from Android to the Computer, which is what I want.

The manufacturer of my BT Stick does not provide any Windows 10 Drivers, since Microsoft does this. I tried the older software, which can act as A2DP sink, but it has a memory leak that crashes my PC after longer sessions of listening to music, which is basically every day (I listen to music while programming/working). (Basically I can watch the non-pooled Kernel memory go up by the second when listening to music and can make it stop by stopping the music)

So my question is, is there any alternative, universal driver I can use that can act as said sink to receive Audio from my Phone on my PC?

BadSnowflake, Jul 7, 2020
  4. zz1049 Win User

Stream music from Android to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth

I tried it, even downloaded the driver after doing this manually. No dice, Galaxy Note Edge

zz1049, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink - Similar Threads - Stream music Android

2. Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working: I used to be able to stream audio from my android phone to my Win10 pc, but now, it simply does not work.I have tried unpairing and repairing devices, restarting pc and phone, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling "Bluetooth Audio Receiver," playing with my volume...
  3. Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Streaming from phone to pc through A2DP sink no longer working: I used to be able to stream audio from my android phone to my Win10 pc, but now, it simply does not work.I have tried unpairing and repairing devices, restarting pc and phone, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling "Bluetooth Audio Receiver," playing with my volume...
  4. Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dreamygeek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzucrr/windows_10s_new_bluetooth_a2dp_sink_turns_your_pc/
  5. How to Stream Android's Audio on Windows 10 2004 via Bluetooth

How to Stream Android's Audio on Windows 10 2004 via Bluetooth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asj2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzhpwq/how_to_stream_androids_audio_on_windows_10_2004/
  6. Windows 10 2004 A2DP Sink issues

Windows 10 2004 A2DP Sink issues: I was looking ahead for the return of the A2DP Sink functionality in Windows 10 2004, using Bluetooth Audio Receiver. When using it with my Huawei Honor 10, the sound keeps popping and cracking. Is it coming from my phone, the app, the Windows drivers, my PC hardware (Strix...
  7. Sinking iphone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sinking iphone: how do I link my iphone to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sinking-iphone/f2228fa6-9255-41d9-8042-02e1d053a2dc
  8. Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to let you stream phone music via Bluetooth: Back in the old days, when Windows 7 was Microsoft’s flagship operating system, users were allowed to stream the music playing on the phone to their PCs over Bluetooth without third-party apps. On Windows 7 or older versions of Microsoft’s OS, you could right-click on...
  9. sink music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sink music: How do I sink midia player to my phone Droid Z7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sink-music/75868018-d3cc-4cdd-b8ba-fb7a8e705618"
  10. No bluetooth streaming via Android yet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth streaming via Android yet?: Hello, I paired my Android device to my newly installed Windows 10, and the option to listen to music from my Android device through my laptop speakers is not there anymore. I remember that, in Windows 8.1, after pairing the device, Windows installed some drivers and then...